Camp Carnival being renovated.

Vacationlover01

My husband and I are set to sail this saturday (11/8/14) on the Triumph for five days. Yesterday we got correspondence from Carnival saying Camp Carnival is undergoing renovations and that they will continue to host Camp, although in different areas and possibily other capacities than typical. We cruised last year and our son loved Camp so much that is why we chose to cruise again this year. Both our boys will be going this time, ages three and six. I'm sure they will still have a great time but of course this is a change I hadn't anticipated. Has this happened to anyone before and if so, how did it go? Thanks.

This recently came up on the Magic and there are a couple of threads out there regarding this topic. I did see one review that it went pretty well, all activities were still in place just held in other areas....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2121675&highlight=magic+camp+carnival

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2110972&highlight=magic+camp+carnival

Just off the Triumph. They moved camp carnival to different locations on the ship. They took over what used to be the Jazz lounge and decorated it to be used as camp carnival, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Except for actually being in the camp carnival room, they did the same activities.

I am quite certain Carnival would not compromise safety and security due to the relocation/renovation. As mentioned, others have been subject to the same "surprise" and found no cause for alarm or fear.

I must say you have much better outlook than others in the posted Magic threads. You would have thought the world was going to end the way some cried "This will ruin my cruise!".

You will have a fantastic cruise and your young ones will also still be able to enjoy Camp Carnival.

We've been sailing with Carnival for 10 years now. Over the years, we found many occasions when our sons would not have activities in the Camp Carnival space - sometimes they'd be in the night club, other times in another lounge. At all times they were well supervised and security was never an issue. With an occasional exception, they always had a wonderful time with Camp Carnival, no matter where the activities were scheduled.

OP- Can you let us know how it went? We're cruising in two weeks. Are the hours the same? Where are they holding most of the activities? I booked a cabin close to the kids club for the convenience factor so I might see if I can change our cabin closer to where the activities will be held.

Edited by jam82