Dawn - aft balcony on 10th deck or mini suite

inq

from what I have read, the 10th deck aft balcony cabins are rather nice. I have one booked and my daughter and son in law have the other one next door. The mini suites are the same price right now and I'm wondering if I should grab one and give up my aft balcony. Will have three people in the cabin if that helps sway opinions. Any suggestions?

We had an aft on deck ten last February and we loved it. There were only two of us though. We had two lounge chairs and a table on the balcony and the wonderful smells from the bakery below made this our most memorable cabin ever. We have another aft booked on the Epic this February.

We have been in both an aft balcony and a mini suite on the Dawn, we love the aft but there were only 2 of us, if there were 3 I would definitely take the mini suite, even though we love aft. The mini was larger and I think it had a curtain between the bed and the double sofa (aft balcony had single sofa) If the size of the balcony is more important than stick with the aft but you can always visit the folks in the aft.:D We booked 11552 for the mini, there are suites along that hallway so the balcony decking was nice and it was a quiet location, not under the pool, the aft was also quiet except when pulling in and out of port.

I cannot speak of the aft balconies. However, on my cruise on the Dawn last year, we had 3 adult women in a mini-suite. My sister and I had originally booked a balcony. When we asked our niece to join us and the prices dropped, we jumped to a mini. I am so glad we did, too. We had plenty of room and we were on the ship for 2 weeks. We were in 11056. The cabin is slightly forward, though not too far forward and there are cabins both above and below. The location was just perfect for us; very quiet with a suite on each side of us. I highly recommend it.

We did 12 + 14 day repositionings on Dawn with mini-suite on one and deck 10 balcony on the other. Mini suite was nice and large but balcony dividers are angled and the cigarette smoke and loud noise from both sides were a bother. Luckily because of our aft location we heard no moving furniture above us on Lido deck. Deck 10 balcony cabin was a little smaller than mini suite but quieter... If you don't mind furniture scraping noise, take the mini if it's the same price.