Something fun in Falmouth

Sergio11

Hello everyone I was looking for suggestions or ideas on what to do in Falmouth. My friend and I are in our 40s and enjoy swimming, zip lining and walking. Any good suggestions for activities around the Falmouth area will be appreciated. We didn't not want to spend too much money or go too far from dock.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will not find swimming (unless you go to Margaritaville pool), zip-lining or walking (unless you want to walk around the streets of Falmouth) within a close proximity of the Falmouth pier. You'll need to take a taxi to a beach, book an excursion or hire a driver to do any of these activities.

Hello everyone I was looking for suggestions or ideas on what to do in Falmouth. My friend and I are in our 40s and enjoy swimming, zip lining and walking. Any good suggestions for activities around the Falmouth area will be appreciated. We didn't not want to spend too much money or go too far from dock.

Thanks

You kind of have to get out of Falmouth on a tour to see the real Jamaica.

We did the Blue Hole with Libertytoursjamaica and had a fabulous day.

It is a hidden gem you WON'T want to miss. Worth going, even though it is an hour away. Why don't you want to go far from the dock? There is not much to do at the dock. We LOVED the Blue Hole.

How much was your tour for the day? I see on their website that they do a combined Irie Blue Hole and Dunn's River excursion. Is there time for that between 10:30am - 7pm?

Thanks! Scott

Scott, yesterday, I received a quote of $75pp for the Blue Hole tour (includes lunch, transportion, and entrance fee). For 7 or more people on the tour, it drops to $65pp. If you message him from his website, he'll get right back with you.

Sherri

Thanks

Define "not too much money" or "not too far from dock". Like the other posters, you will need to get away from Falmouth to do what you want.

We have docked in Jamaica 4 times, 5th time will be iin 3 weeks. Each time we hired a private driver. One trip, we had a great time at the zipline google "screamer zip line)...lots of fun! We will do the Blue Hole on our next trip. Our driver charged us $150 (4 people) (BH fee and lunch not include). THere are only 4 of us...the price is $20 more per person when it's over 4 passengers.

We are in our late 30s and early 40s...but adventurous people.

Edited by jen70

How much was your tour for the day? I see on their website that they do a combined Irie Blue Hole and Dunn's River excursion. Is there time for that between 10:30am - 7pm?

Thanks!

Scott

You must be on either same ship (or cruiseline) as ours. We will be on Oasis and our ship will dock for the same time.

I like to have a buffer and be back at the port about 2 hours before it is set to leave. It is my understanding the trip to BH is about 1.5 hours each way (due to having to go on dirt road to the BH). We will be there for about 1-1.5 hours, lunch and then a little shopping.

It all depends on how long you want to spend at the falls and BH, iyou'll be rushed, but it is doable.

Thanks Jen70 and Sherri. I just heard back from Ricardo at Liberty Tours and he quoted us $85 each (of 6 in group) to do Dunn's and Blue Hole.

BTW, we are on the Oasis March 14th!

Edited by Scoobs9

You must be on either same ship (or cruiseline) as ours. We will be on Oasis and our ship will dock for the same time.

I like to have a buffer and be back at the port about 2 hours before it is set to leave. It is my understanding the trip to BH is about 1.5 hours each way (due to having to go on dirt road to the BH). We will be there for about 1-1.5 hours, lunch and then a little shopping.

It all depends on how long you want to spend at the falls and BH, iyou'll be rushed, but it is doable.

Hi...we had 'chat' on our mutual roll call for Dec 6th Oasis. Are you interested in adding two to your tour? No pressure- I realize sometimes people prefer to keep to their own group.

Kerby & Nila

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We were just on serenade of seas Nov 22nd and went on the food tour in falmouth...really great! $5th and we'll worth i; 2 1/2 hours or a bit more to walk about and see architectural sites, history of the town, and lots of food vendors you stop at to eat.... really a lot of fun :)... have any questions just ask!

• 3 weeks later...

jen70 - what tour company are you planning to use? We're on Oasis March 14th sailing and would like to do Blue Hole.

Hi...we had 'chat' on our mutual roll call for Dec 6th Oasis. Are you interested in adding two to your tour? No pressure- I realize sometimes people prefer to keep to their own group.

Kerby & Nila

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey so sorry I just saw this post. I wish I had known - you guys would've been more than welcome to join. We met our cabin neighbors and invited the couple along to. We all had a blast.

Did you end up doing the BH?

jen70 - what tour company are you planning to use? We're on Oasis March 14th sailing and would like to do Blue Hole.

We were on the Oasis Dec 6th sailing earlier this month. We used Great Vibes Tour. We've been to Jamaica 5 times via cruise and have always used local tour operators. Donavan Reid was awesome! Gentle Giant - then again I am 5'2" so most people are "giants" to me. :-)

Here is his email address: godfrey950 at gmail dot com

Tell him Jenne & MIchael from Texas sent you.

Donavan has been doing tours and airport transfers for over 10 years - but mainly from Montego Bay (MoBay). He is starting to expand his business to cruise passengers.

We always like to work with the "small business" to help them out. Prior to Donavan we used another tour operator who was starting out too. I am glad to say that he is now doing well and getting the thumbs up on CC.

We were a group of 8. Safety was my #1 concern, with back to ship on time being #2. Donavan exceeded in #1 and got us back 1 1/2 hour before ship left.

The Blue Hole is one of the best excursions we have been on. We had to guides there: Ice Cold and I cannot remember the other one. But oh my goodness - there were FANTASTIC! Kept us safe but also showed us a great time.

Hope that helps!