Help....transportation to Miami from FLL

ALC7686

Hi there!

My husband and 2 other couples will be going on the Carnival Breeze on 12/6/14. We are flying in on 12/5 and need transportation to our hotel from FLL airport to Miami. We would prefer to not take a taxi and SCS does not go to where we need to go anymore. If you have names of good and reliable companies that would be wonderful. Thanks!

We flew into FLL and sailed out of Miami and we used QLS. They were great and I would highly recommend them! You can get a quote online before you commit to book. I'm not sure what time you are flying in, but we did have a hard time finding shuttles that run in the evening so we ended up staying at a hotel near the FLL airport (that had a free shuttle) and then taking QLS the next morning to the port.

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

Edited by Kim_KS

We flew into FLL and sailed out of Miami and we used QLS. They were great and I would highly recommend them! You can get a quote online before you commit to book. I'm not sure what time you are flying in, but we did have a hard time finding shuttles that run in the evening so we ended up staying at a hotel near the FLL airport (that had a free shuttle) and then taking QLS the next morning to the port.

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

Thank you for this info!! I was trying to find a shuttle from POM to FLL Airport Hotel and was not finding anything available!!

We are big fans of QLS as well. We have used them multiple times.

Since there are six of you a limo may be a push. I think QLS is about $15 per person, a limo may be a little more but in the same ballpark.

Sorry I don't have ant limo companies as we use QLS or rent a car.

I have the best way to do it....

You can rent a car from the FLL airport and return it at one of the locations in downtown Miami near the port for less money than cabs plus you can use the car for the time that you are down there. Google car rental discount codes and look for the best rates from the big car rental companies, then search for locations in miami...look on the map and they all have a location near the port. We are doing this for our cruise the week after you go. It will cost us less than $100 for 2 1 day rentals for friday into saturday and then for the return. Plus you are not stuck at the hotel without any transportation.

Howard

I have the best way to do it....

You can rent a car from the FLL airport and return it at one of the locations in downtown Miami near the port for less money than cabs plus you can use the car for the time that you are down there. Google car rental discount codes and look for the best rates from the big car rental companies, then search for locations in miami...look on the map and they all have a location near the port. We are doing this for our cruise the week after you go. It will cost us less than $100 for 2 1 day rentals for friday into saturday and then for the return. Plus you are not stuck at the hotel without any transportation.

Howard

If staying at a downtown Miami hotel don't forget the parking fee.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 6 using Cruise Critic App

Thanks for asking this question. I'm thinking we may be able to travel cheaper by flying into a different airport and getting transported to Miami port from wherever that may be. :)

For us, flying into FLL the day before, a room for the night, a rental car on both ends of the cruise is still cheaper than flying into MIA the day of the cruise. Its a logistics thing I've done many times and it has worked great for us. Of course I bid for rooms AND car rentals.