Tender Question

Lance'sBride

I wasn't sure if I should post here or the Alaska board...

Juneau is one of our ports next year, and it "may be a tender port," apparently depending on the ships already in port. Does anyone know how I can find out for sure? If we are tendering I want to buy the FTTF, but if not I'm not sure it's worth it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wasn't sure if I should post here or the Alaska board...

Juneau is one of our ports next year' date=' and it "may be a tender port," apparently depending on the ships already in port. Does anyone know how I can find out for sure? If we are tendering I want to buy the FTTF, but if not I'm not sure it's worth it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

If you go to the site below, you can look up what ships will be in port the same day as you. It will also show what time each arrives. i'm not sure beyond that how to know. I don't know at what point they would have a ship tender (3?? 4??).

http://ports.cruisett.com/

You might get some more info in the Alaska forum of the port section of this site.

I'm sure eventually someone will jump on and tell you FTTF is more than worth the money even if you don't tender, but that is up to you.

Enjoy Alaska. We are hoping to get up there next year. Schedules permitting.

Pretty sure you will not be tendering. There are three other ships in port with you: Golden Princess, HAL Zaandam, NCL Sun. Take a look at the map here:

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/juneaumaps.html#.VFrsv_nF-PY

if you are just seeing a schematic map, go to the upper right corner and change it to satellite. that gives you the Google Earth picture. In that view, you will see that there were four ships in port when it was taken. The ship docked at the bottom is a Princess Grand class ship. Princess always docks in that location. Below that, at an angle, is another pier, and NCL usually docks there. The two locations at the top are for smaller ships, and HAL usually docks there. In the picture, there is a small ship tendering - either an Oceania ship or one of the little girls of Princess. Perhaps the fourth pier was occupied when she arrived. EM

If you go to the site below, you can look up what ships will be in port the same day as you. It will also show what time each arrives. i'm not sure beyond that how to know. I don't know at what point they would have a ship tender (3?? 4??).

http://ports.cruisett.com/

You might get some more info in the Alaska forum of the port section of this site.

I'm sure eventually someone will jump on and tell you FTTF is more than worth the money even if you don't tender, but that is up to you.

Enjoy Alaska. We are hoping to get up there next year. Schedules permitting.

thank you for posting this site. i just looked up my ports for my upcoming jan 24 glory cruise. i will be in st thomas on jan 28 2015. the site shows that there will be 6 ships in port that day. that sounds crazy. i have been to st thomas once and it was a few years ago. i don't remember the port being that big. i am hoping that number changes I'm worried the port will be insanely crowded.:eek:

thank you for posting this site. i just looked up my ports for my upcoming jan 24 glory cruise. i will be in st thomas on jan 28 2015. the site shows that there will be 6 ships in port that day. that sounds crazy. i have been to st thomas once and it was a few years ago. i don't remember the port being that big. i am hoping that number changes I'm worried the port will be insanely crowded.:eek:

Actually, seven ships scheduled Jan 28.

Wednesday - January 28th

Carnival Glory West Indian Co.

Freedom of the Seas West Indian Co.

Norwegian Getaway West Indian Co.

Reflection Anchorage

Regal Princess Crown Bay

Ruby Princess Crown Bay

Westerdam Anchorage

But I think Freedom of the Seas may be in drydock instead.

Edited by Essiesmom

St Thomas is always the busiest port on the itinerary, when we've stopped there. It is that busy fairly often. You will notice the people, but still have a good time.

Also, there are two cruise ports there. Havensight and Crown Bay