Historic Garrison Area questions...

geospyder

1. What would the cost be for a taxi from the cruise port to the Historic Garrison Area?

2. Is it be easy to find a taxi in the Historic Garrison Area to get back to the cruise port?

3. Our cruise will be in Barbados on a Sunday - what is opened/closed in the Historic Garrison area?

4. Is there a printable walking map of the Historic Garrison Area? I haven't been able to find one so far.

1. What would the cost be for a taxi from the cruise port to the Historic Garrison Area?

2. Is it be easy to find a taxi in the Historic Garrison Area to get back to the cruise port?

3. Our cruise will be in Barbados on a Sunday - what is opened/closed in the Historic Garrison area?

4. Is there a printable walking map of the Historic Garrison Area? I haven't been able to find one so far.

I believe the cost of a taxi should be no more than $20-$25 BDS (which equates to $10-$12 US) don't quote me on that though because I don't usually take taxis.:)

The area will be quite easy to find. It is basically about 15 minutes as the crow flies from the cruise terminal (time based on the day you are in port).

The historic area you can explore on your own quite easily. There is not much open in Barbados on Sundays so I suspect a guided tour maybe out of the question.

I also am at a loss as to how you can get a printable version of this area as well. Sorry.

I plan as well to go to the Garrison Area in January and I found out that

there is a public bus running once every hour on the hour from nearby

Princess Alice Terminal.

The route makes a circle around downtown Barbabos with this stopps: Broad Street, Fairchild Street, River Road, Bay Street, Garrison, Dalkeith, Culloden Road, Belleville, Pine Road, Tweedside Road, Hindsbury Road, Bank Hall Main Road, Eagle Hal, Barbarees Hill, Baxters Road, Lower Broad Street, Princess Alice Terminal.

My research tells me the bus has the number 33, but as I have not been there myself I don't can tell you how much it will be and if this is true.

• 1 year later...
Bajan Keith - Thanks for the reply. Aside from the tourist/historical value, there are also three Geocaches in the area :)

Hello Geospyder,

We have been to Barbados several times and have rented a car a couple of times. We thought we could try out the Geochacing on our cruise next March. How, exactly does it work with regard to data usage on your phone?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

You might try contacting one of the resorts to see if they have a walking map they could email to you.