Rita Fiesta

pajazz28

Did the Fiesta on Allure in March.

Food was "average" Mexican, plenty of it but nothing inspiring.

Drinks were good, we had four adults but only three drinkers so we each got 4 drinks not 3. Again nothing special, basically your choice of three flavors of frozen margarita or beer but they were good.

Entertainment was fun, they handed out all kinds of glow gear and then got us all out on the Boardwalk doing various line dances, kids lead the way, wife dragged me out there to, but it was fun.

It was a fun "sailaway" evening event for us for not a lot of money.

I am going on the Allure in January and I am trying to decide if I want to participate in it Rita Fiesta. Can anyone who has participate tell me about the food, drinks and entertainment?

Try it, there is a good chance it will be your only chance. There is a pretty good chance it will be replaced by the newer Sabor Mexican restaurant when Allure gets its drydock/Refurbishement in 2015.

I've been on Allure twice and never bothered to try it based on lack luster reviews.

Drinks were good, we had four adults but only three drinkers so we each got 4 drinks not 3. Again nothing special, basically your choice of three flavors of frozen margarita or beer but they were good.

Entertainment was fun, they handed out all kinds of glow gear and then got us all out on the Boardwalk doing various line dances, kids lead the way, wife dragged me out there to, but it was fun.

I will add one thing -- I don't like frozen margaritas -- they do make them on the rocks and the drinks were strong. The food was meh at best during the fiesta but they have good appetizers if you go for lunch.

They do line dancing etc and give out prizes..I won a bottle of tequila with two glasses as a prize. We did have fun but don't expect food to be good.

We did this the first night of our Allure cruise this past January. We loved it! It was a fun kick-off to start our cruise. So much more food than I imagined, and it was very good! 3 delicious margaritas were included. They had a DJ, and got everyone up and moving for a dance. We would so it again in a heartbeat!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this on our Sept. cruise - would not do it again. We did not care for the Mexican (?) food they served and it was kinda dull. We went on the first night of the cruise. Some of the appetizers we could not eat because we do not like seafood. We love Mexican but this was not the best!

Saw them having it again on another night and it was not crowded. We do not drink alcoholic drinks so we chose the non-alcoholic fare.

Totally agree, fun time, not expensive, food mediocre, drinks are good!:D