What Happens When....

Raven Days

pearose is he is a no show you will not get charged additional and you will get back your taxes and port fees.

Thank you! I hope they work things out and he goes, but if not we'll have a few extra drinks with the refund of his port fees.

Thank you! I hope they work things out and he goes, but if not we'll have a few extra drinks with the refund of his port fees.

FWIW--You won't get the port fees and taxes back until about a week after you return. We took my in-laws fees and booked a last minute cruise as our Honeymoon since our wedding was more of a family vacation. Good luck with all of this--your daughter is lucky to have you.

If the problem is with him flying, it looks like about a 9 hour drive. Is that an option?

Bus or Amtrak?

gary

For some, it would be an option. The problem here is we don't know the family dynamics nor to what degree he is (or perceives he is) really incapacitated. Sometimes I am amazed at the disabilities I see, yet the sheer will to keep going is the driving force.

I called my daughter and she is pretty upset with him. She is fully aware of how much I have spent and feels really bad about him doing this. He got his passport and we thought he would go through with it. HE just had two knee replacements and he is pretty depressed after that surgery plus now he was diagnosed with COPD and has to have the O2, so that has pretty much brought him down even more. I called Apria and they could have a O2 tank here and he could get a O2 concentrator for the flight, but he is fussing about having to deal with his insurance company...at this point, I think I would pitch him overboard if he did show up!

I also spoke to our son and he says he will talk to his dad. I want him there for his kids...But I can do with out him. I may need more than one bottle of booze before it over with! Thanks again for all the help....

Bad enough to pony up some money if he is a no-show?