Shareholder OBC

punkybett

Technically, they ask of you not to send it in far in advance and after final payment. However, I've always faxed the business day following my booking confirmation and it has always been applied, even prior to final payment. Some cruises were booked well in advance. YMMV, worst case scenario is you have to resubmit it.

I have 4 cruises coming up in January and February - 2 B2B on Triumph and Sunshine. How far ahead can I request the shareholder credit and can I send one request for all 4 cruises, or do they need to be sent separately? Thanks

You should be fine for January and February cruises, I sent my request in for a february 23rd cruise on November 1st, and received confirmation within 48 hours.

As for submitting multiple requests in one e-mail (or FAX if you do it that way), I have never done, so maybe someone else can tell you their experience.

I've actually done it almost a year in advance.

And yes, you can put in multiple bookings. Just list each one on a separate line.

Here is the email text I use.

guestadmin@carnival.com

Dear Guest Admin,

Please accept this e-mail as a request for shareholder benefits applicable to the below cruises.

My name is [name], my wife [name] and I am booked to sail on the following Carnival Cruises:

[ship] (X nights) out of [port[ on [date], booking [book#]

I have attached a PDF file (filename.pdf) of the relevant pages of my stock account statement as proof of ownership of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation Stock (ticker CCL).

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

[name]

VIFP: [vifp #]

I have sent multiple requests in one email but sometimes they miss one.

I just emailed in for credit for 3 cruises but put in 3 different emails. It really doesn't take much more effort and I get 3 automated acknowledgements that my emailed were received, Also 3 emails when the credit was applied.

Looks like they took about 4 days.

We have just summited our first request and we received a replay that it has been approved. My question, will it show up on the cruise documents with your other credits. Ours has not been added yet, still showing the same amount of OBC .

Thanks, Jim

:confused:

We have just summited our first request and we received a replay that it has been approved. My question, will it show up on the cruise documents with your other credits. Ours has not been added yet, still showing the same amount of OBC .

Thanks, Jim

It does show, but you have to look for it. It on the billing summary, accessible when you print out your cruise docs.

Edited by SadieN

Thanks, Jim

It could also take a day or two for it to show up on your cruise docs.

Please elaborate....We recently purchased 100 shares of Carnival stock, after a previous cruise....I spoke w/3 different people at Carnival today re: the OBC thing. Was informed by ALL 3 that they accept "snail mail" or fax ONLY - no emails....

It's easy for us to scan it whatever info is needed & turn it into a pdf file & attach to an e-mail.

Please verify an e-mail address that HAS BEEN successful recently!

Thanx a bunch, in advance!

Joe

Please verify an e-mail address that HAS BEEN successful recently!

Joe

Joe

I e-mailed my request to guestadmin@carnival.com November 1st, received e-mail confirmation November 3rd. This will be the 7th cruise I have used this e-mail address for and never had an issue.

If you follow the format that scn_cam posted in post #4, you should be successful.

I sent in mine for my next 5 cruises covering the next year and 3 months. They accepted it for all cruises till April of 2015 but asked that after that date I send in again for the remaining cruises. They informed me that the OBC is renewed yearly in April and until they renew it for next year to 2016 that they could not accept those.

I have 4 cruises coming up in January and February - 2 B2B on Triumph and Sunshine. How far ahead can I request the shareholder credit and can I send one request for all 4 cruises, or do they need to be sent separately? Thanks

They do honor the shareholder credit even for back to back. I received back-to-back shareholder credits for my cruise back to back on triumph in May. I've already got my shareholder credit applied to my booking for my cruise in January. I don't know who the proof of share ownership is sent to because I just send my brokerage statement (with some of the personal financial information blacked out) in an email to my personal vacation planner and she takes care of everything else. Each time I have emailed my PVP current proof, the shareholder credit has been applied within 48 hours.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

They do honor the shareholder credit even for back to back. I received back-to-back shareholder credits for my cruise back to back on triumph in May. I've already got my shareholder credit applied to my booking for my cruise in January. I don't know who the proof of share ownership is sent to because I just send my brokerage statement (with some of the personal financial information blacked out) in an email to my personal vacation planner and she takes care of everything else. Each time I have emailed my PVP current proof, the shareholder credit has been applied within 48 hours.

What's there not to honor? They're separate cruises on different confirmation numbers. If both segments are booked under one confirmation number, you only get one. Carnival doesn't let you book them under one confirmation.

Edited by Disconnections

Thanks, Jim

I always take my email confirmation of Stockholder OBC in case there is a problem. On the cruise last week, this was the first time it did not show up on our billing summary. I called 2 days before we left and they said it was credited, but for some reason wasn't showing up online. It had been approved a month before. it usually shows up within a couple of days after confirmation though.

I always take my email confirmation of Stockholder OBC in case there is a problem. On the cruise last week, this was the first time it did not show up on our billing summary. I called 2 days before we left and they said it was credited, but for some reason wasn't showing up online. It had been approved a month before. it usually shows up within a couple of days after confirmation though.

So far it's been my experience that the onboard credit from the shareholders benefit does not show up on the billing summary. It shows up when you view your documents or if you print your documents.