How cold are public rooms on nieuw amsterdam?

elou

I find all of the public areas to be colder than I like, especially the theater. This observation covers many ships and many years! I am the proud owner of every color shawl sold in the shops on board, most of which were purchased because I was cold at the time! HA HA HA on me!!!

I find all of the public areas to be colder than I like, especially the theater. This observation covers many ships...
Like you, we find most public areas of all the ships too chilly for us. We often go outside to get warm, and have to "fight" with our room stewards, who turn down the HVAC setting every time they service the room. :(

I've never found a HAL public room that's too cold, and rarely found one that's cold enough. The question is more likely where is it not too hot for comfort.
Good thing you live in RI! When we lived in CT and upstate NY we could take the cold better, but after 34 years in FL we could never move back north. :) Edited by jtl513

Cold public rooms might be an issue with the larger ships. We have noticed several times that the Quuen's Lounge on Vista-class ships were cold enough to be used to store perishable foods. We had to wear sweatshirts for the evening entertainment. Likewise, the main ding room has been uncomfortably cold more than once.

igraf

I've never found a HAL public room that's too cold, and rarely found one that's cold enough.

The question is more likely where is it not too hot for comfort.

Cold public rooms might be an issue with the larger ships. We have noticed several times that the Quuen's Lounge on Vista-class ships were cold enough to be used to store perishable foods. We had to wear sweatshirts for the evening entertainment. Likewise, the main ding room has been uncomfortably cold more than once.

On the larger ships I find the show lounge, and sometimes the dining room, fairly comfortable when I enter. However, as soon as the crowd arrives to fill the rooms, and they get settled in, the temperature definitely rises due to the body heat.

By the end of the show, or dinner, it can be quite warm in those public rooms.