Breakaway Cruising "GTY"

cruizhalifax

Has any of you had much luck with GTY?

We're sailing with another couple,

They got a BA for $60 more than what we paid plus less OBC. ($1380)

We got a BD GTY for $1320 + $180 OBC.

Our travel agent called NCL to 'cross reference' our accounts so there is a chance we will get a room close to our friend's BA.

What are my chances? like 10%? lol

Should I just spend the extra $60 and lose some OBC to get a BA?

I'm trying to figure out if its even important to be on the same deck as them and to be on a higher deck as we will be spending most of our time wondering around the ship.

Thanks!

Edited by cruizhalifax

"Guarantee' on a cruise ship is guarantee you'll get a room, doesn't mean it will be your favorite location and/or close to your whomever is traveling with you. NCL will try to accommodate your request but it not a sure thing. Besides, if your one deck away from them in the mid and they in the aft; it not big of a difference or deal (to me anyway). That and you'll always meet up with them in different parts of the ships or communicate with them via phone or text (if you have plan, anyway) or if you and them have your room numbers, you can always visit each other.

"Guarantee' on a cruise ship is guarantee you'll get a room, doesn't mean it will be your favorite location and/or close to your whomever is traveling with you. NCL will try to accommodate your request but it not a sure thing. Besides, if your one deck away from them in the mid and they in the aft; it not big of a difference or deal (to me anyway). That and you'll always meet up with them in different parts of the ships or communicate with them via phone or text (if you have plan, anyway) or if you and them have your room numbers, you can always visit each other.

Thank, you

And do you prefer a higher deck?

I'm sure deck 14 is better than deck 8.

There are no guarantees with a guaranty category (hehehe making myself chuckle).

While NCL may note that you're traveling with others, they may not. My experience with a guaranty balcony we bought at the last minute was we were very far forward.

I believe that once your cabin is assigned you can call and ask for a different cabin. That doesn't mean you'll get it though.

If it's important to you to be close to your friends' cabin, I'd select my own and pay the difference/lose some OBC. Worst case is you'll just have to meet up somewhere, and you'll be on a cruise, so that's not so bad! :cool: When we travel with family we usually get somewhere near each other, e.g. not one forward and one aft. One time there were cabin issues (not NCL cruise) and they got moved to a cabin at the other end of the ship. We just figured we burned off some extra calories walking farther. ;)

Hope you have a great cruise. Breakaway is fabulous!

Thank, you

And do you prefer a higher deck?

I'm sure deck 14 is better than deck 8.

Depends on how choppy the waters are: deck 8 in the mid is not a bad spot if it super rocky, doesn't matter which deck if the waters are calm. But if you susceptible to even the slightness motion , then avoid the foward (front), aft (back) and high decks; also wear seasick bands, taking seasick pills like Dramamine and eat ginger, green apples, saltine crackers and pretzel rolls to prevent or control it.

Edited by maywell