Hair appts for Formal night

LewLew

For more specific info you may want to ask this Q on the Carnival boards.

I've never sailed Carnival so I can't give you specific answers. On the other lines I've sailed (NCL & RCI) I thought the prices were so ridiculous I opted to wear my hair down. I can get a simple French twist at a salon here for $15-20 plus tip; with lots of curls & cascades etc. the price jumps to $35-50. The salons on board wanted between $60-75 to do a French twist.

On my last cruise I was lamenting to a cc friend & she did my hair. Thanks again Wee Mo!

If you really want to get this done, run to the salon the second you get on board (they'll know when the formal night is). Do not go to your cabin. Do not stop for lunch or a cocktail. When I tried to book an appointment about 3-4 hours after boarding just after sail away, the latest appointment I could get was 1 p.m. Who wants to sit around with your hair "done" all day & not be able to play? [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Trish

Dinner is 5:45. What is the best time to shoot for a hair appt for formal night whre it wont take forever to get doen. I only want a wash and blow out= nothing fancy.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

I'd ask the stylist how long it would take him / her & plan accordingly. Then figure out if you want to arrive for your appointment dressed or still in casual clothes. If you'll be dressed & it will take 1/2 hour to do your hair, ideal time would be 5 pm. You'll have a few minutes to pose for photos. If you need 1 hour to get ready after your 1/2 hour appointment, best time would be 4 pm. You need to "budget" travel / walk time between your cabin & the salon too.

[B]HINT:[/B] If you are having your hair done, wear a button down shirt so you don't have to pull anything over your head & ruin the style. If you can't shower w/o getting your hair wet, do that before the appointment.

Enjoy.

Trish

Archived