Another C&A-->Captain's Club question

schlimazel_traveler

Please forgive me if this has been addressed. I think I saw it asked, but not answered, in another thread.

We have 21 measly cruise points on Royal Caribbean--I believe that makes us (and everyone who has sailed once before) "Gold" in the C&A parlance.

When I booked with Celebrity, I enrolled in the "Preview" level of Captain's Club online, which gives me a CC number but, obviously, no benefits yet.

I didn't call either Captain's Club or C&A to establish any linkage in the memberships.

I know that I cannot combine points on the two lines.

I know I'm not eligible for any special perks on EITHER line yet.

But is there any reason whatsoever for me to somehow link my two numbers together?

How would I do that? Call C&A? Call Captain's Club?

If I'm doing this, can they issue CC numbers for the rest of my family while I'm at it?

There's no reason to link them (actually they don't link, they just give upgrade your account if appropriate).

If you are Platinum or above in RCI, then you will get Captain's Club perks on Celebrity.

But until you reach Platinum on RCI, there's no benefit on X.

Platinum & Emerald get Captain's Club Select perks

Diamond and above get Captain's Club Elite perks

From the C&A FAQ: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=340&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqId=971

As a benefit of Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club and Azamara Club Cruises’ Le Club Voyage. If you are currently a member of each loyalty program, you will automatically receive benefits based on your membership level between each. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum or Emerald member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically be entitled to the Select level in the Captain's Club and Explorer in Le Club Voyage . If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member; you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member and Discoverer in Le Club Voyage. The benefits of the programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the Cruise Credit or Cruise Point for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.