What to eat/drink

PaRaDoX3d

We will be arriving at this port in less than 2 weeks on the Carnival Valor southern Caribbean cruise.

I've searched Google and the board but have not found much in terms of what sort of local cuisine to eat or any sort of beverages to consume.

Looking for any sort of help.

Thanks

If you are thinking of trying the flying fish, there is a tiny place right there at the port. It was raining in torrents the day we were there and had to scrap our beach plans. Had to at least get off the ship and shop around the pier building. Once you exit the main building at the pier, off to the right is an area selling local crafts. We just happened to see a sign about $2 beers and walked up the narrow space between buildings as indicated. At the back was a small restaurant (nothing fancy), but we sat and enjoyed flying fish (it's breaded & fried), some fritters and nice cold beers. Other items on menu that I can't remember.

• 1 month later...
If you are thinking of trying the flying fish, there is a tiny place right there at the port. It was raining in torrents the day we were there and had to scrap our beach plans. Had to at least get off the ship and shop around the pier building. Once you exit the main building at the pier, off to the right is an area selling local crafts. We just happened to see a sign about $2 beers and walked up the narrow space between buildings as indicated. At the back was a small restaurant (nothing fancy), but we sat and enjoyed flying fish (it's breaded & fried), some fritters and nice cold beers. Other items on menu that I can't remember.

Thanks for posting this. Our favorite place near the bridge has been reported as closed.

FYI regarding the little place behind the crafters stalls - when I say not fancy I'm talking a couple of long tables and a dozen plastic chairs, no walls but a roof, and very friendly folks running the place. The fish and beer were great !!

• 3 weeks later...

Our tour guide took us to this local place on the side of the road.. even called our order in.

Had 6 mauhi sandwiches for $14.00 total. The best sandwiches ever

Offer to paid for ours but we declined and paid for his.

• 2 weeks later...