M6 Guarantee Question

lc311

I'm okay with pretty much anything just don't want to get the family mini-suites. Do you think they consider that an upgrade? I hope not since it's a mini suite with a smaller balcony.

Edited by lc311

Yeah, probably the family mini. If you notice they list that as above the rest (except AFT) which appears to look like it's a higher category. They know nobody wants to end up there. They also know if you get assigned one of those rooms the only place left to go is either AFT if there is any left or Haven. Both of which are more expensive. You can't downgrade after final payment, that's considered a cancellation. Of course, not everyone will end up there but I would not rule out that possibility. It's still a mini though so your bathroom is bigger and that's still nice. In your position, I'd call NCL and see what they say because I'm just guessing.

As others have said, family cabins in any cabin type are very probable targets for assignment when booking a mid-group category guarantee.

Personally I can't fathom why NCL considers family cabins almost the best ones in any cabin type but that's how it goes and that's why we do not book guarantees.

I'm okay with pretty much anything just don't want to get the family mini-suites. Do you think they consider that an upgrade? I hope not since it's a mini suite with a smaller balcony.

The balcony size has nothing to do with what they consider an update, it's only by the category designators, sorry.