Courtesy Hold

laslomas

I have been trying for an hour or so to try to place a hold on a cabin for 24 hours. After I have made my cabin choice and follow through I no longer get the option to place a hold. All I get is the page to make a booking and pay deposit.

In case I had imagined this facility I did a search on the Celebrity website by entering 'courtesy hold' in the search box and the result was a description of how to place a hold, and even a picture of the page where the option is. Well, I do not have that option on my page. I have tried several times and have tried through different internet providers. I have tried whilst being logged in to My Celebrity, I have tried without. I have tried without Loyalty number and with. I cannot think of any other way to do it and since I started the process the number of available cabins is reducing. :( :mad:

Is this a problem for everyone, or am I just doing something wrong somewhere? I just know that when I get together with my cruise companion tomorrow to make the final decision the prices will probably have risen. They went up by £200 already since yesterday.

I hate the website. I know everyone moans about it, well, you are all correct about that!! it is dreadful.

I had this same problem last week...

Enter all the info, click enter and whole mess disappeared and took me back to square one

I too tried a bunch of things

Alas to no avail. I ended up just calling Celebrity

(what I truly should have done right from the beginning... Sadly I just don't learn... Eternal optimist that I am I keep hoping that Celebrity's website will actually pull thru for me)

Cheers!

I have answered my own question. I have just got off the phone from Celebrity, I explained what I was trying to do and was told that it depends on the 'code' applied to the cruise whether it can be held for 24 hours, or not. The person I spoke to was really helpful and has placed a hold on it for me for a time (not 24 hours though). He has given me a reference number and a direct line to call him back on. Great customer service, but it does not give me so much time to make the crucial decision.