Navigator vs Voyager

My husband and I have traveled on the Navigator (May 05) and enjoyed our experience. We are planning to take the Eastern route next May and are curious to find out how the Voyager compares to the Navigator. Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My husband and I have traveled on the Navigator (May 05) and enjoyed our experience. We are planning to take the Eastern route next May and are curious to find out how the Voyager compares to the Navigator. Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

They are both Voyager class ships and should be very similiar. If you enjoyed the Navigator why not do the Navigator again but this time on the Eastern Itinerary? We just got off the NOS (Western) and are planning on doing the NOS Eastern next spring. My wife said she might want to try another ship but i dont really understand why, we both loved the crew and the ship so didnt make any sense to me to try and re-invent the wheel. If you wanted a different itinerary then i could understand it.

Vey similar have been on Both, the art work is brighter on the NOS. Also the balconeys on the VOS are metal and NOS they are glass. VOS has a special men's room near the windjammer, other than that they are almost identical.

Alex

We have sailed both ships and I would say that the differences are very small. They are almost identical ships. The NOS has a Chops Restaurant that the VOS does not. The NOS has a Jade restaurant and the VOS does not. I would say I liked the artwork better on the VOS> The room decore was different but the rooms were the same. I would not hesitate to sail either ship. By the way, being a plumbing contractor I would say that indeed the VOS has a special restroom (Men's) outside the Windjammer. A functional work of art.

Have been on both and prefer the Navigator for 2 reason: it's a newer ship and had prettier decor.

Thanks for the info.. We take this ship soon. Won it at bingo on our last cruise. They upgraded us from a inside stateroom to a D1 Balcony Stateroom for a grand total of $171.40. Not bad for RCCL.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm faced with this decision as well. Voyager vs Navigator... Navigator is a chunk of money MORE than the Voyager, and the Voyager is doing a modified Eastern while the Navigator is doing the western. Because of the fact that the Navigator is doing the western (for spring break) we're leaning that way. I'm only concerned because I wanted an E1 or E2 and they're completely booked (according to RCCL), and my daughter would rather stay in a PR instead of an OV...

So, it's either Voy with a E1 or E2, or Nav with a PR... (have stayed in both categories on the Mariner)...

Did I understand correctly the Voyager doesn't have a Jade restaurant? Does it have more seating for Windjammer? Any other MAJOR differences? How is the ice show for each?

Archived