I finally got my dress for formal night! Now I need help with shoes!

Hi! I finally found the dress of my dreams. Now I need help on what color shoes to wear. The dress is long, royal blue. The top of it is sleeveless, a spandexy material that is glittery/sparkly with a drape neck and has these little rhinestone type things on each shoulder strap. The bottom is just solid royal blue - polyester material. I tried taking a photo of it to post here but the photo makes the dress look black and you can't really tell much about the dress. It really is a gorgeous dress, and what makes it even better is I got it for a STEAL at Dillard's! The hardest part was choosing which dress I wanted. What do you ladies recommend in the shoe area?

Tamela

Tamela - I think I know exactly what dress you are talking about, is the brand Patra or Petra or something similar? We have Dillard's here too and when I looked at it, it wasn't on sale. But, I loved it too. I'd say, either silver shoes or have some dyed to match, maybe?

Enjoy - when is your cruise?

Elaine - My cruise is September 6-10 aboard the Majesty of the Seas.

The brand of the dress is Patra so I'm sure you're thinking of the right dress. I LOVE it! The funny thing is it is the first one my mom suggested and I just kind of waved it off. Then after having tried on about 40 other dresses without success, I said "ok, bring me the blue one". Also, it is a smaller size than I normally wear and it fit perfect, so I knew that dress must have been meant for me. I was thinking silver shoes but wanted to get some advice. Thanks to you and Phoenix for the suggestions.

Tamela

My vote is for clear shoes. I see alot of different styles in the stores. Most are a high heel slide, kind of like the old Candies brand( how old am I?!) I thought they were a great idea because they go with anything.

Missyal

My vote is for sandals in either black or silver.

I think the clear ones must be plastic and would make my feet hot and sweaty.

Dyed to match makes me think of bridesmaids.

I think that silver shoes will match perfectly with the dress. I've purchased all of my formal dresses at Dillard's at great prices.

Imagination 8/02

Glory 8/03

Victory 3/04

Imagination 7/04

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

My gown for one formal night is also royal blue and did not know what to wear with it until I was at Wal-mart, believe it or not for 7.88 I found my perfect shoe. It has an acrylic strap that goes around the front near the toes, strapless back and about a 2&1/2 inch heel. When I got them home and tried them with the dress it looked fabulous, so my suggestion would be the see-thru acrylic, clear type. Don't forget to polish off them toe nails. I am doing mine french manicure style to match my finger nails. Your dress sounds beautiful enjoy wearing it and have a wonderful cruise.

Gold doesn't look right w/ the rhinestones you described. Silver will be your best bet. Although you are not technically supposed to wear anything other than fabric shoes w/ a formal gown, leather strappy sandals exactly 1 shade darker than your dress would work.

I've never liked clear plastic shoes & have nothing nice to say about them so I will keep my mouth (sort of) shut.

Trish

I have the same problem with shoes. I just bought a gown on Ebay that's a difficult color to match. It's called "Light Coffee", but from the picture looks silvery (I haven't received it yet). I'm wondering if silver shoes will look too silvery with it, or if it will blend? Here's a link to the gown:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5301430482&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

Any advice? Thanks.

Sharon H.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;8;1;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Lovely dress. I think it looks like it's in the brown family. You should probably wait to see the actually dress before you get the shoes. I'm thinking neutral / nude or possibly bronze but not too shiny.

Trish

Thanks. It didn't even occur to me that if it's in the brown family to think bronze. Like you said, I'll have to see when it arrives what the actual shade is, it's so difficult to know from a picture.

This is the second time I've bought a gown off of Ebay. That one worked out great, so I'm hoping this one will be just as nice. Hey, you certainly can't beat the prices, that's for sure!

Sharon H.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;8;1;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My vote is for strappy, high heeled silver sandals.

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

I got my gown from Ebay, and it was even better looking in person. The gown actually looks like something you'd wear to the Oscars! The appliques are a sort of shiny bronzish color, so bronze shoes would work good, BUT the appliques are surrounded by silve bugle beading. So, silver might go pretty good as well. Either way it will be some kind of strappy shoe rather than a pump.

Thanks for your advice.

Sharon H.

Archived