Shipmate App

sunlite

Has anyone used the "directMSGS" feature in the Shipmate app?

Can that be used on the ship if you turn off cell and wifi?

I am lookng for a way to find my kids or to send them a txt to meet us.

You can spend hours trying to find everyone- is there anything better to use on your phone for this?

Please don't say write a note or leave message on cabin room phone, walkie/talkie - already tried that.

Anyone have a phone solution? Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check out the thread about Carnival's social media package and new improved Wi-Fi. I don't want to misrepresent or misquote, thus my endorsement of that thread. It shouldn't be more than a page or two back. The package includes FB messenger, I believe.

Edited by Towel Critter

For two cellphones to communicate you would have to either be using WiFi or have data transfer active - both of which would cost money while cruising. No app can transmit or receive data to or from another phone with both WiFi and data turned off.

Edited by jeffinhouston

For two cellphones to communicate you would have to either be using WiFi or have data transfer active - both of which would cost money while cruising. No app can transmit or receive data to or from another phone with both WiFi and data turned off.

We used Ripple cruise communicator on the Glory last month. You keep the phone in Airplane Mode and don't pay to connect to the ship's wifi. It uses it, but without logging in. No account to set up, no charges. It may not work on all ships but it did for us.

Carnival does have a forum that's available while on ship. If you go to their funville page look for "currently aboard". It's very busy but anyone can access it, you could start a thread and send a link to everyone in your party and post any updates there.

We used Ripple cruise communicator on the Glory last month. You keep the phone in Airplane Mode and don't pay to connect to the ship's wifi. It uses it, but without logging in. No account to set up, no charges. It may not work on all ships but it did for us.

It is pretty well established at this point from the App Developer that Ripple no longer works on Carnival ships. It is blocked. I wouldn't waste your money or time.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2108916

It is pretty well established at this point from the App Developer that Ripple no longer works on Carnival ships. It is blocked. I wouldn't waste your money or time.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2108916

It did in fact work on the Glory last month for my mom and I. We did not pay for a wi-fi package. Of course, each ship could be different. It's only $1.99 anyway. Worth a shot in my opinion.

Edited by firemanbobswife