Regal Princess and a child

CFERNANDEZJR1

My wife and I have sailed over 11 Royal Caribbean cruises and 5 Carnival cruises. Both are great with kids but we want to try something different. Any experiences with children (almost 5 year old) and Regal Princess? Our child is very well behaved but i want him to have fun as well. We were also considering the Norwegian Getaway- but I have not heard the best reviews. We enjoyed the Breeze a lot. We have done the Breeze twice and want to adventure out. Any feedback would very helpful.

Thanks!

Carnival Breeze 2014

Carnival Breeze 2013

Liberty of the Seas 2011

Liberty of the Seas 2009

Mariner of the Seas 2008

Mariner of the Seas 2007

Navigator of the Seas 2006

Sovereign of the Seas 2006

Majesty of the Seas 2006

Explorer of the Seas 2006

Majesty of the Seas 2005

Explorer of the Seas 2005

Carnival Triumph 2004

Carnival Ecstasy 1996

Carnival Holiday 1994

We sailed on the Royal Princess last summer with daughter and family including two girls ages 4 and 8 at the time. They went a few times to the childrens program (our cruise was port intensive so not much down time) and loved it. Although this ship has smaller pools, it was just fine for them! Lots of food choices, and the kids menu in the dining room is great. These girls are also well behaved and have excellent manners, and the dining room wait staff loved them. The on demand cabin TV is also great as there were lots of choices they enjoyed.

We are doing the Regal in December with our 2 young kids. Lots of stuff for them to do on Princess. We did the Ruby with them last year.

It's funny though....in our experience, the cruise lines that have the fewest kids have treated our kids the best.

The crew of HAL and Celebrity both spent more time and effort on our kids than other lines. The crew were so excited to see young kids around.....many times we were told that they missed their kids and that our kids reminded them of theirs.

My daughter LOVES the Kids Club for Princess! She has sailed Princess 6 times, Disney twice, and Celebrity once. Princess is by far her favorite! The activities in the kids club are structured and she always enjoys it. My experience with Princess is that the staff is always great with kids!! She has been on the Royal, so a similar Kids Club layout and it was one of her favorite Princess ships.