what do you do with your camera?

Remus2010

I just bought a Nikon 3200 and am soooo looking forward to our up coming cruise in January to really try it out. But what do you do with the camera on a beach day? I don't want to leave it behind because I want to use it everywhere. Especially HMC and St. Thomas, I mean what a beautiful places. But what do you do if you go to the beach. How do you get in the water? Just leave it behind? Do yo feel safe doing so? Obviously do leave it out in the open, but in its bag in your beach bag? I am not usually an overly nervous person and just go with the flow. The camera is insured so if it gets stolen or (more likely) I drop it overboard :eek: it is replaced at 100% and I do plan on taking more than one memory card so I would not loose the entire trip. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

That's what they make PS cameras for. If you want to lay on the beach and go in the water take the PS or get an AW PS and have fun. I only take a DSLR to a beach if I'm going to take pictures and relax off beach.

framer

• 2 weeks later...

You could do a few things.

If you're going with a group of people, you could leave your camera behind on the beach while you get in the water as long as one person is staying behind as well.

Or, unless there's something special that warrants having my DSLR, I'll just bring my phone and use that for pictures. My phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) is totally waterproof and I've jumped into pools with it plenty of times with no issue.

The only beach that I'm 100% bringing my nice camera and multiple lenses to is Maho Beach in St. Maarten since I enjoy doing aviation photography there. But regardless, I wouldn't leave my camera unattended under any circumstances.