3rd and 4th passenger cost more than 1st and 2nd?

fer10

I was looking at a booking on the Jewel and noticed that the the per person cost is more expensive for the 3rd and 4th passenger than the 1st and 2nd. Is this common? Normally they are lower or at the least the same price? The difference is almost 50 60 dollars more per person for the 3rd and 4th.

I thought about booking 2 cabins, but would need 2 adults ( I am traveling with my 3 kids.

I have not seen this either. I also travel with three of my children (the other two are adults and can travel on their own). I know that the site now changes the rates when you look at pricing for four people as opposed to just two. My reservation for Breakaway for next year (sept) shows everyone paying an equal rate, weird, I know but that is how they are choosing to post prices now.

I have seen this happen on cruises that are reaching their limit on "extra" guests. Once, when looking at the GV, the third/fourth passengers were $1699 per person, and that extra person cost ran equally down all categories all the way to inside cabins, where the extra person rate was more than double Pax 1&2. This is especially true of Holiday sailings or last minute booking during school holidays.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

Yep, this is normal as they are closing on with lifeboat capacity, as already mentioned. It's better for them to get adults spending in all cabins (double occupancy) than having families cramped in some cabins and having to leave some cabins empty, that is why the pricing tries to disencourage booking extra passengers in cabins.

Yep, this is normal as they are closing on with lifeboat capacity, as already mentioned. It's better for them to get adults spending in all cabins (double occupancy) than having families cramped in some cabins and having to leave some cabins empty, that is why the pricing tries to disencourage booking extra passengers in cabins.

I never thought of this before.

OP, thanks for posting.