Posted Excursion Times for Ft. Lauderdale on Disembarkation Day

abisha

I am trying to coordinate my return flight on disembarkation day alongside of the posted times for the Ft. Lauderdale excursions, which we are thinking of doing. Does anyone know if those times are actual? And does the return time mean the time they bring you back to the airport? I always get to the airport a couple of hours ahead of my scheduled flight time, but just want to be sure I can go by those posted times.

Also, I assume the excursion bus stores your luggage?

Thanks

Edited by abisha

Yes, you can generally rely on those times. I would add an extra hour though to be on the safe side.

ON a B2B last winter we did an excursion that went to the airport and then back to the ship. We were back on the ship before 1 pm. The airport passengers were let off first.

The bus will hold the luggage until you get to the airport.

Also make sure you get on the right excursion bus to get you to the airport at the right time. There are several excursion that go to different airports at different times. Just talk to the bus driver before boarding. Good excursions to use up time before flights.

Hi Lynne - I don't know if all the excursions are the same, but we just took the Everglades Airboat and Botanical Garden/Wildlife Sanctuary tour and were dropped off at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. We had a 3:08 pm departure. I'm glad our flight was delayed as it gave us time to grab a bite to eat before we departed about 4:15 pm. Our tour guide did keep saying we were running late.

Last year I did the exact same tour and arrived at the airport with enough time to eat before my 3:08 pm flight departed.

Apparently it depends on whether the tour stays on schedule or not - this trip we got a late start leaving the terminal, then were delayed at the Everglades Airboat ride location by some people who ordered food from the food truck.

Edited by MarKay525

Hi Lynne - I don't know if all the excursions are the same, but we just took the Everglades Airboat and Botanical Garden/Wildlife Sanctuary tour and were dropped off at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. We had a 3:08 pm departure. I'm glad our flight was delayed as it gave us time to grab a bite to eat before we departed about 4:15 pm. Our tour guide did keep saying we were running late.

Last year I did the exact same tour and arrived at the airport with enough time to eat before my 3:08 pm flight departed.

Apparently it depends on whether the tour stays on schedule or not - this trip we got a late start leaving the terminal, then were delayed at the Everglades Airboat ride location by some people who ordered food from the food truck.

Thanks MarKay (and fellow Bostonian!). We are looking at that same excursion you did and also to take up time for a later flight. I think the flight we are looking at leaves around 5:20 or so to get the best price (I need to check to see if there was one a bit earlier...between 3 and 4 would be good). We tend to breeze quickly through the airport since my DH uses wheelchair assistance and they wisk us quickly through the checkpoints. We are at our gate in no time...then it's wait, wait, wait...:(.

Thanks to everyone else for your responses.

Thanks MarKay (and fellow Bostonian!). We are looking at that same excursion you did and also to take up time for a later flight. I think the flight we are looking at leaves around 5:20 or so to get the best price (I need to check to see if there was one a bit earlier...between 3 and 4 would be good). We tend to breeze quickly through the airport since my DH uses wheelchair assistance and they wisk us quickly through the checkpoints. We are at our gate in no time...then it's wait, wait, wait...:(.

Thanks to everyone else for your responses.

Personally I would keep the 5:20 flight. Fewer worries. When traveling with a group, a delay can be magnified.