Looking for suggestions in Tahiti

beezer34

I agree that you should go with TopDive wherever possible. I was diving with them in Fberuary and they were excellent. The ship's excursion used Bathy's in Moorea and they were terrible. I would never go with them again.

I dove 4 times on our May 2004 trip, and each time was through the ship. No regrets because I was not familiar with the area or the non-aligned dive shops and I didn't want to make a major blunder. Next time we go -- and there WILL be a next time -- I'll book everything independently.

What ever you do, dive all you can. I've never seen such a beautiful environment. Make sure you do the giant manta ray dive at Anau off Bora Bora!

I recommend Aquatica dive center on Tahiti. My wife and I had great dives with Didier Alpini the owner, and his crew. We dove the Catalini aircraft and a ship wreck that was pretty cool but deep about 100 fsw.

On Moorea we dove with Bathy's Club and had a great time. We really enjoyed the sting ray dive, it has been one of the highlights of our diving careers. We also did the shark dive which was really cool and several other great "aquarium" dives.

We loved Tahiti. We stayed there two weeks and I really really didn't want to leave. I hope you have a great time. Watch out for the stone fish! :cool:

I don't recall their location, but Top Dive picked us up at the ship pier so it was quite convenient. Re other poster, we also used Aquatica in Papeete and I thought their dive masters, equipment and dive sitse they took us to were only average. I definately had a better experience w/ Top Dive.

We just returned from a B2B on the PG where we earned our OW certification. :)

While we didn't do any dives with TOPDIVE, but if I remember correctly, they are located on the main dock where our tender landed. If you are facing the water, their shop is to the far right of the dock.

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

Archived