buying a bottle of liquor onboard

pugsammy

I have ordered a bottle from Bon Voyage on board. If I recall it was the same price as on the website prior to the cruise. Unfortunately I truly do not recall if we were charged any taxes or gratuities.

Just call down to room service, order your bottle, and wait for it. You have to sign for it when delivered.

We have done this for two cruises now (prior to and on board) but with the Cheers package pricing now - we are seriously contemplating just doing that and foregoing having to haul all the soda on board with us. My husband always had some rum left in the bottle at the end of the cruise and still bought drinks while out and about because either he wanted something other than rum & coke - or didn't want to walk all the way back to the stateroom. So - why not?

The bottles are the large bottles and until they dropped the price was definitely the best way for my DH to go.

I have ordered a bottle from Bon Voyage on board. If I recall it was the same price as on the website prior to the cruise. Unfortunately I truly do not recall if we were charged any taxes or gratuities.

Just call down to room service, order your bottle, and wait for it. You have to sign for it when delivered.

We have done this for two cruises now (prior to and on board) but with the Cheers package pricing now - we are seriously contemplating just doing that and foregoing having to haul all the soda on board with us. My husband always had some rum left in the bottle at the end of the cruise and still bought drinks while out and about because either he wanted something other than rum & coke - or didn't want to walk all the way back to the stateroom. So - why not?

The bottles are the large bottles and until they dropped the price was definitely the best way for my DH to go.

Do you know that the Cheers program went back up to the original price?

That's heartbreaking.. was really looking forward to taking advantage of it since our next cruise we were more interested in checking out the ship. We have only been contemplating one excursion next cruise..

Might be back to lugging soda and buying a bottle of rum. Thanks for the heads up!!

Edited by Qchell

That's heartbreaking.. was really looking forward to taking advantage of it since our next cruise we were more interested in checking out the ship. We have only been contemplating one excursion next cruise..

Might be back to lugging soda and buying a bottle of rum. Thanks for the heads up!!

I know. Very discouraging. There was a MAJOR thread last month about it. No warning from Carnival, so when people were boarding and signed up for Cheers only to see the price went back up, omg....what a mess.

We were going to try it for the first time too next month. Not now though.

We are the same way. I was SOOOO looking forward to cheers in April. :( I think about buying a bottle of Kahlua but I don't want to be stuck only drinking Kahlua. I like the Miami vice, kiss on the lips, margaritas, etc. I have bought Verizon gift cards and have a little obc already. Oh well, happy sailing!

I know. Very discouraging. There was a MAJOR thread last month about it. No warning from Carnival, so when people were boarding and signed up for Cheers only to see the price went back up, omg....what a mess.

We were going to try it for the first time too next month. Not now though.

I watched for John Heald to say ANYTHING about the increase in price. He was totally mum on the subject. Found that very interesting. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...