CC class perks

a1moty

Is there some place to contact to request non-alcoholic champagne on arrival? Thank you, I'm new here.:)

First, welcome aboard!

If you want sparkling cider or something non-alcoholic in your cabin, you should contact your travel agent before you cruise. I don't know what, if anything, is available. We didn't drink ours, and eventually brought it to dinner for our tablemates to enjoy.

When you first board the ship they offer your choice of orange juice or champagne to sip on the way to your cabin.

Susan

I think they might give you some cans of soda, but the soda cards would be a bit of a reach. The champagne isn't real champagne, it's Michel Roux-branded sparkling wine, and it doesn't cost very much at all if you tried to buy it. The soda cards, on the other hand, are a big moneymaker for the cruise line so I don't think they'd give them out lightly.

It can't hurt to try, though.

Since we don't drink I have no idea how much champagne should cost---

thanks for the advice on downsizing my request to just a few can of soda instead of cards---I don't want to be greedy---

:rolleyes:

I have called Celebrity direct and they would not talk to me because I had booked with an Agent. I thought, (silly me) that agents were just for booking, not problem solving. (Yes, I am new to cruising.) Anyway, I then called my Agent, Katherine, and she said that she would call Celebrity and ask for me. I will forward her information when she gets back to me.

It's not Champagne, it's sham-pagne; i.e. a cheap and inferior French sparkling wine. The same as is proffered when you embark.

It is an insult to offer this rubbish to supposed premium "Concierge Class" passengers. X pay about $5 a bottle.

In most of the world, except the USA, it is illegal to call sparkling wine "Champagne", unless it originates from the Champagne region of France.

The last time I complained on these boards about the fake sham-pagne, loads of people said I was ungracious. I don't think I am.

Bollinge

Allow me to be the first to send you to Conventry for your lack of grace on this issue.

I am personally offended that you insult the Americans by stating that we are one of the only countries who allow the contents of the proffered libation be called Champagne as it does not originate in the Champagne area of France. Not one of the ships which sail under the Celebrity flag are registered as American vessels. We Americans have NOTHING to do with Michael Roux's decision to call this beverage champagne.

As to your lack of grace, why bitch? If you chose not to eat the chocolate offered on your pillow would you assume that you were ENTITLED to some other bonbon as a replacement?

Get a grip and consider sending the cost of the bottle of champagne, which you disdain, to the American Red Cross to help the relief efforts in New Orleans. I know that not one of the victims there would complain about any beverage offered to them. I know this because last year I was in a similar situation and am eternally grateful for whatever I am offered.

I think that many here need to get over the fact that they are PREMIUM CC passengers and are entitled to be treated like the landed gentry. I have always travelled in either a suite or CC and do not consider that I am entitled to anything better than anyone else. Who cares what you do with the champagne? Bathe in it for all I care.

Remember why Celebrity invented CC. It was to sell the otherwise inferior cabins which suffered the enormous overhang. Acting all insulted over the "proleteriat" taste of the FREE beverage is really pathetic.

It's not Champagne, it's sham-pagne; i.e. a cheap and inferior French sparkling wine. The same as is proffered when you embark.

It is an insult to offer this rubbish to supposed premium "Concierge Class" passengers. X pay about $5 a bottle.

In most of the world, except the USA, it is illegal to call sparkling wine "Champagne", unless it originates from the Champagne region of France.

The last time I complained on these boards about the fake sham-pagne, loads of people said I was ungracious. I don't think I am.

Hmmm... http://www.champagne-bollinger.fr/

No relationship?

Bollinge

Allow me to be the first to send you to Conventry for your lack of grace on this issue.

I am personally offended that you insult the Americans by stating that we are one of the only countries who allow the contents of the proffered libation be called Champagne as it does not originate in the Champagne area of France. Not one of the ships which sail under the Celebrity flag are registered as American vessels. We Americans have NOTHING to do with Michael Roux's decision to call this beverage champagne.

As to your lack of grace, why bitch? If you chose not to eat the chocolate offered on your pillow would you assume that you were ENTITLED to some other bonbon as a replacement?

Get a grip and consider sending the cost of the bottle of champagne, which you disdain, to the American Red Cross to help the relief efforts in New Orleans. I know that not one of the victims there would complain about any beverage offered to them. I know this because last year I was in a similar situation and am eternally grateful for whatever I am offered.

I think that many here need to get over the fact that they are PREMIUM CC passengers and are entitled to be treated like the landed gentry. I have always travelled in either a suite or CC and do not consider that I am entitled to anything better than anyone else. Who cares what you do with the champagne? Bathe in it for all I care.

Remember why Celebrity invented CC. It was to sell the otherwise inferior cabins which suffered the enormous overhang. Acting all insulted over the "proleteriat" taste of the FREE beverage is really pathetic.[/QU

I LOVE THIS POST!:D :D :D ROFL

Remember why Celebrity invented CC. It was to sell the otherwise inferior cabins which suffered the enormous overhang. Acting all insulted over the "proleteriat" taste of the FREE beverage is really pathetic.

You've been spending too much time on C-Class ships. On M-Class, it was all of the Category 1 staterooms (the best they had in a non-suite cabin) that became the CC cabins.

I beg to differ. I have only been in suites on the C class ships. I want space and a balcony.

The M Class started CC initially on the Sky deck. That was the compensation for the overhang. When we were on the Summit last fall there were no other CC floors. I believe that Celebrity changed all of the Cat 1s on the other decks once they saw a potential cash cow. Now that you can get a CC on all the decks I have to wonder what incentive they will devise to propell folks back onto the Sky deck.

I have no idea as to the reason for the C class ships offering CC other than to prevent the comparisons between the two classes of ship. As we have seen here those who book suites get all bent out of shape when they do not get smoothies for breakfast. Imagine the uproar when people, who have experienced CC on M class, discover that all they have is a cabin and no pillow menu.

Thanks Ma Bell for your prompt response. Enjoy your Alaska trip.

Sham-Pagne! I love it!

However, there are several California sparkling wines that would give French Champagnes a run for their money. I would settle for a good California sparkler! Not everything that is a "true" Champagne is necessarily good and several are grossly overpriced! And BTW most California producers (some with part French ownership) do not label their sparkling wine as Champagne any more.

The term champagne is by people all over the world in the generic sense to refer to sparkling wine just like people make Xerox copies and blow their noses in Kleenex tissues!

CC Class first became available on M-Class ships on deck nine so they could sell the 1A cabins with the overhang. It was not until more recently that those on decks 6, 7, and 8 were included as CC Class.:)
The conversion was, in a word, uneven -- both within a ship and between ships. We were in a CC cabin on the Infinity on deck *8* shortly after the program was instituted. Not all ships got the same treatment at the same time. As far as I can tell, it was the most expensive Cat 1 (Cat1A) cabins that got this treatment first. Indeed, that would have put them on the Sky Deck, but to Celebrity's mind, it would seem they thought these were actually preferred cabins. Remember, they classed the aft Category 1 cabins on Deck 7 as Cat1C, a true mystery. I don't think they really understood the perceived value of these various cabins to their customers when they originally set the Cat1 "letter levels" with their associated prices, and just started from 1A and worked down. I think all of you give Celebrity too much credit re: overhangs, etc.

I beg to differ. I have only been in suites on the C class ships. I want space and a balcony.

The M Class started CC initially on the Sky deck. That was the compensation for the overhang. When we were on the Summit last fall there were no other CC floors. I believe that Celebrity changed all of the Cat 1s on the other decks once they saw a potential cash cow. Now that you can get a CC on all the decks I have to wonder what incentive they will devise to propell folks back onto the Sky deck.

I'm with you on the suite vs. CC on C-Class. It's the only way to have a veranda cabin on C-Class that isn't smaller than the CC cabins on the M-Class.

However, the Infinity's Cat1 cabins were treated to CC earlier than Summit, and I think the rationale was simpler than you think (see above). The ships were not all done simultaneously.

I have no idea as to the reason for the C class ships offering CC other than to prevent the comparisons between the two classes of ship.
Given that the C-Class CC cabins aren't a lick bigger than the regular veranda cabins, we're in 100% agreement here. I wouldn't spend the extra to get a CC cabin vs. regular veranda on a C-Class, but I'd spend it in a heartbeat for an aft CC on an M-Class. For a non-aft, I might have to think about it, especially on a short cruise.

Archived