An all formal cruise....

LoriLinay

So I decide to go on ebay and look at formals. Who knew!!! Not only did I find a couple of nice ones, I found EIGHT! Bid on all of them, and WON on all of them. The most expensive was $19. They are starting to come in and I'm pleased so far! I figure if they are terrible, I can turn right around and re-sell them. Anyway...now I have a LOT of formalwear. Wouldn't it be great for us fashionistas is there was an "all formal dinner" cruise? But at a mid range price? Can you imagine the luggage? I even got my daughter in on the action. So if you happen to see woman mowing the lawn in a lovely strappy number, that would be ME!!!

I'd love it!! I too have found many excellent formal wear bargains on ebay! I have only done short cruises however, and haven't been able to wear them all!! I've got the next several years covered, though!! LOL

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00

Fascination 6/01

Fantasy 6/03

Sovereign 6/04

Begin with a "browse". Then go to the clothing section. Then to womans clothing. Then to dresses. Then it will ask what kind of dress. Put in evening gowns. All of this will be on the left side of the screen. Hope that made sense!! You can even pick the color of the evening gown you are looking for!

Lori, you are such a hoot! You could probably get a bunch of us to do an all formal wear cruise, but the men in our lives might not be so eager to join us! icon_biggrin.gif And that's not necessarily a bad thing!

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Excellent tip Janet! And I'm poking you in the eye because you said size 8!! LOL!!

I was just thinking how "funny" (at least to me) it would be to wear formal every night. Do you think that the first person that saw you, and hadn't seen how others were dressed for dinner, might turn around quick and say "Honey, I think it's FORMAL night..!!! Quick, let's go back so I can change out of my capri pants.."

Okay, must be early. I thought it was funny...

Lori we probably could have pulled this off for our Tini cruise. It would have worked except DH whined and wanted to go too.

I still have a few size 5s left in my closet because I just KNOW that I'll be able to wear them again. icon_rolleyes.gif In my dreams.

Beth

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=6B8E23><font size="2">

<marquee width=50%>Until Mariner Reali-tini Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=6B8E23&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

CLICK HERE for the ROLL CALL

<center>realitini1.jpg

realitini2.gif

realitini3.gif</CENTER>

<font size="1">

Lori, you KNOW I'm in for an "all formal dinner dress" cruise! Darned eBay! And whatever possessed me to buy a lovely blue silk dress with a heavily beaded and sequined top?? Oh, I remember--it was before the Enchanted Tiara Cruise and I hadn't started facing reality about luggage weight yet! But I do look stunning in it icon_rolleyes.gif and it is a wonderful color!

OK, Beth and Lori, so for the 'Tini cruise we all dress formally for dinner, every night, no matter what our respective SOs, dates, or other friends decide to wear! We might even consider a Tiara night...how about it, Mir, wanna play? icon_biggrin.gif

Enchantment of the Seas--

Enchanted Tiara Cruise 10/02

Adventure of the Seas 11/03

Mariner of the Seas--Reali-tini Cruise 10/05

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=6B8E23><font size="2">

<marquee width=50%>Until Mariner Reali-tini Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=6B8E23&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

CLICK HERE for the ROLL CALL

<center>realitini1.jpg

realitini2.gif

realitini3.gif</CENTER>

<font size="1">

I would love an all formal cruise. I love to dress up and am what my friends call a girlie girl for the most part. I dress up for dinner every night, even on the casual nights I tend to be more dressed than most. I have to have my shoes for each outfit and a bag for each outfit and makeup etc also. I wish they would enforce the dress code a bit more on cruises but then a lot of folks would be getting upset.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Voyager of the Seas!

Voyager 10/04

Rhapsody 10/02 03/02 1/02 11/01

Elation 10/99

Grandeur 09/97

Archived