November Transatlantic

saladm

It will be warmer as your cruise progresses. Layers will be your best option. Khaki slacks and tops will be fine for the day early in the cruise and you'll probably switch to shorts as you get closer to Miami.

Darcie

I have done this cruise a couple of times. Looks like you are cruising Celebrity.

Gibralter we had scorching day,Madeira same, mid atlantic showers with spells of sun, and then fine once in caribbean. You will NOT need warm clothes, take your usual stuff, lightweight cropped trousers for days that may be cooler. I took the ususal clothes I would take for any cruise and its fine.

If weather is too cool in Barcelona, head for the T-Pool and enjoy it there as you wont use it much later in the cruise. (sorry that is assuming you are sailing with "X")

I did crossings in November on Seabourn, RCCI and Crystal and it was not hot not even in Lisbon or Maderia. The temps were in the low 60's during the day, but this is all relative. Weather is the most unpredictable thing on earth and you cannot count on anything, so I guess it means you have to be prepared for everything.

Darcie

Thanks for the suggestions. I figure I'll bring stuff that I normally bring on cruises, and add some warmer clothes too. Of course, this is one of my favorite parts of the cruise experience - shopping and deciding what to bring!

I'm actually sailing on Royal Caribbean. It stops at Alicante, Malaga and Lisbon, and then 7 days at sea. (yeah!) I know they have an indoor/outdoor pool, which is where you'll find me on any cool morning. I didn't know that Celebrity did a similar trip. I've been on Celebrity twice and loved it both times!

Darcie, strangely enough our weather was better BEFORE we got across the atlantic. Sorry, have just remembered though we sailed October and I guess in the med it cam make all the difference. Alicante will certainly be cold!

Darcie, how did you find Seabourne? As good as it sounds? So they do a transatlantic? I just sent for a brochure. HOw are evenings on board? I am not into shows etc but we like a nice lounge after dinner and some dancing but not the be all and end all. Tell me the ins and outs, would love to hear your views.

Think maybe we might try it at some point

Hollyxx

Archived