Prices

ellamalta

If you have already paid if full you are probably out of luck. But if before final payment, you can at least ask for the new price; if they say no, cancel and rebook. Just calculate the penalties first.

Have only just paid a deposit. Final payment is not due before another 7 months! But how would I know if prices have gone down or not? It seems that a lot of cabins that were not available a month ago have now become available!

The cruise company will never contact you to tell u about lower prices at least in my experience. You have to continue looking at prices. Depending on the company, all policies are different. On Carnival i have booked with best price guarantee. If price goes down, you fill out a form and show where you found it cheaper. We got the difference as on board credit. As for deposit vs. Paid in full, it is all different again. Princess gave us on board credit once as well. Much easier as it was their own sale which was the now cheaper price. I would contact your travel agent and ask them to try and get on board credit or maybe cabin upgrade. If you did not book with the cruise directly, they typically will not deal with you directly and everything you do will be through your travel agent. Worst case, they tell you tough luck, but it never hurts to try. As previously suggested, cancelling and rebooking may be a viable option. Just keep in mind your time and effort required to do so and know what the final savings would be. If you are only going to save $50-$100, is it worth your effort. Asking for the discount is much easier than cancelling and rebooking.

Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

They do seem to have different prices for different countries. If you booked through a USA agency did you check what the price is in the USA?

If it is also less then you can contact the agency and ask for the lower price as you are well before final payment and usually no penalty if you cancel.