Pride of America Menus

Just a note ... the menus on the POAm do not necessarily remain the same week after week, they do rotate some, as I did a back to back last year, and the menu for some days was different, and other days it moved to a different day of the week.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

To my understanding, at this time the new menus have rolled out on all of the ships except for the Pride of America and the Sun.

If you do a search for recent menus, you should find what you are looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Edited by CTCruiser001

Just returned from the Pride of America yesterday. As reported above, they ARE still using the old menus in the MDRs.

If you just want an idea of what is being served, then ANY old menu from ANY NCL ship will give you an idea of the type of food served.

If you are looking for specific menus, then we really can't help you. In the old system (currently still used on the Pride of America) NCL uses 14 different menus for the MDRs...and these are randomly rotated....they are not the same week to week, sailing to sailing. What is served on Monday this week will be different than what was served last Monday and what will be served next Monday. You can't rely on menu's from previous cruises to plan future cruises.

Just returned from the Pride of America yesterday. As reported above, they ARE still using the old menus in the MDRs.

If you just want an idea of what is being served, then ANY old menu from ANY NCL ship will give you an idea of the type of food served.

If you are looking for specific menus, then we really can't help you. In the old system (currently still used on the Pride of America) NCL uses 14 different menus for the MDRs...and these are randomly rotated....they are not the same week to week, sailing to sailing. What is served on Monday this week will be different than what was served last Monday and what will be served next Monday. You can't rely on menu's from previous cruises to plan future cruises.

Thank you, do you happen to know if lobster was available one night in the MDR?

Thank you, do you happen to know if lobster was available one night in the MDR?

Yes it was. On my sailing, they offered fresh lobster in every restaurant (Specialties and the MDRs) on the same night. That was however, my sailing, I couldn't say if it will be available on yours.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just off poa 1/3/15. I have to say i was really disappointed in the food. I tried the buffet (just ok), La Cucina itailian no flavor minestrone & had spaghetti carbonara that pretty much tasted like alfredo sauce. Hubby liked the 0sso bucco. Cagney's steakhouse food temp was luke warm after being told several times the chef was putting finishing touches our meal. Skyline had a strip steak, could not cut through.:(

The food was a major disappointment on the cruise. We did not visit any specialty restaurant but did eat all our dinners in the skyline or liberty dining rooms. The ribeye was absolutely horrid, we were sure that it was actually a pork steak! The desserts were pretty tasteless. The breakfast buffet in the aloha cafe offered the best flavor and variety. Cost cutting measures were obvious during the lunch buffet. One day we had rice prepared four different ways and the same for potato dishes on the buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have a group of 15 wanting to dine at Cagney's one night. I am still waiting on an email reply on that as we sail next week! Logistically though, is that feasible for 15 to be seated in same area?????

I knew going in that the food is NOT one of NCL's highlights unfortunately. However, on other NCL ships, the Steakhouse was always fabulous.

• 2 weeks later...