Jan. Stop, Planning Shopping and Beach Help??

messengerc21

We will be arriving on Jan 15th with another couple on the Celebrity Eclipse. We have been there before, and this time we would like to shop in the morning then go to a beach that is close by for swimming etc. Would like to have chairs, umbrella's, food and bathroom. I see that there will be 3 cruise ships in on this day. What beach would you recommend? the Beach we used to go to is the one there in front of town, but I read its got a pollution problem. Orient is a ways away, and I think most people will go there. How's Little Bay or Dawn Beach? Suggestions Appreciated! Just want to cab it there and back.

We will be arriving on Jan 15th with another couple on the Celebrity Eclipse. We have been there before, and this time we would like to shop in the morning then go to a beach that is close by for swimming etc. Would like to have chairs, umbrella's, food and bathroom. I see that there will be 3 cruise ships in on this day. What beach would you recommend? the Beach we used to go to is the one there in front of town, but I read its got a pollution problem. Orient is a ways away, and I think most people will go there. How's Little Bay or Dawn Beach? Suggestions Appreciated! Just want to cab it there and back.

I would recommend hitting the beach in the morning and shopping on your way back to the ship.

What would you do with your purchases while at the beach? Shopping in the afternoon means that you are closer to the ship come sailaway, so no traffic concerns.

I would avoid Great Bay Beach, in Philipsburg.

Little Bay is an OK beach, but not one of the best. It is the closest, though.

Dawn isn't much further away, but if there has been any recent 'weather' it can be rough, as it is exposed to the open Atlantic.

Orient shouldn't be much more than 30 minutes out, and returning early for afternoon shopping should mean no traffic for the return.

gary