Never cruised around the holidays, couple of questions :D

6 of us

Hi all, cruising December 11th & can't wait! Great break in between the big holidays :D.

How are the crowds? I would think they would be low, considering kids are all in school.

How is the weather? Still warm in the Bahamas during the day at least Please God!! :D

I did find out the Fascination will have it's Christmas decor up so I assume the holiday spirit is happenin' :D. That is going to be so different for us, being on a cruise ship that time of year :).

Looking so forward to it, was such a great deal!

We've cruise 2x in early December and there are fewer children, but there are always some. The ships are always full, but may have fewer rooms with more than 2 people. If you get closer to Christmas and New Years, then there will be kids , as they are out of school. We've done 2 cruises that sailed right after New Years and they have both had a ton of families with children.

We were in the Bahamas on Dec. 11 last year. The 11th is my dad's birthday, so I booked us on a trip to Gold Rock Beach while we were in Freeport. It was plenty warm, and the water at the beach was warm enough for swimming. You'll be fine!

We have cruised many times in early December. Great rates, the ships are all decorated, the Holidays are in the "air". There are definitely less kids on board at that time, but there are always kids. The Caribbean and Bahamas have beautiful warm weather, the water is always warm....it is a great time to sail.