Silhouette - Move stateroom?

LegalE2010

We're sailing on the Silhouette on 11/30, and it will be our first time on Celebrity. We are booked in concierge class stateroom 1002. Upon reading more about this stateroom, I see that because it is right behind the bridge, crew members can see into the stateroom. The only other C3 available is 1042, which is right by the forward elevators/stairs. Should we try to switch to 1042, or stay in 1002? Although I imagine noise could be a concern by the elevators, I sleep with earplugs so I'm not too worried about that. Could you experienced Celebrity-philes help me decide whether to move or stay? Thanks!

Been on the Silhouette 3 times. A friend stayed in 1002 and don't believe there were any issues. Actually, I went into the cabin and it was kind of neat to see the officers on the bridge wings going in and out of port from the balcony.

Cabin 1042 should not present a problem by the elevators either. I've stayed in cabins by the aft elevators and no noise issues.

If it matters to you, from the deck plans cabin 1002 will have the bed by the balcony and cabin 1042 will have it by the bathroom.

Both have their good points as listed by yourself & ECSLADY

"Might be" cool to watch happenings on the Bridge if you are so inclined even inspite of perceived lack of privacy.

Mind you the Bridge wing being so close is also going to block views of the scenery

And there may be more noticeable hall traffic I would think outside of 1002 with The Bridge being right next door

We have had a cabin on The Solstice near the Midship Elevators, and it was very quiet... Never noticed the hall traffic in that situation.

If I was in your shoes, think I would opt for 1042

Cheers!

I am someone who loves to see the workings of the bridge, but I don't think I'd want the bridge wing next to and perpendicular to my balcony, given the lack of privacy and blocked views noted above. The S-class cabin "sticky" thread doesn't have info about 1042, but it does for the corresponding cabin on the port side, 1073, and someone reported hearing the elevator "pings" but nothing more than that. (I've not stayed in any of those cabins so I am not commenting personally on them, just on location.)

We've just returned from the Silhouette TA; we were in a hump cabin on Deck 10 on the starboard side. This view forward shows you the bridge wing and how far it sticks out.

Starboardside1024x644_zps6681739e.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

I know some of the prices have dropped. Are you able to upgrade to a C2?

Depends on the time of day - the prices keep changing every few hours! Unfortunately, today C2 seems to be a bit more than what we paid, and it doesn't seem worth it to pay to "upgrade." I will keep checking!

OP: I was just going through my photos and came across this shot of the starboard bow, which will give you an even better view of the bridge wing and its proximity to 1002:

(photo by turtles06)

Thanks so much for both awesome photos! That definitely gives me some perspective I wasn't able to find anywhere online.

Been on the Silhouette 3 times. A friend stayed in 1002 and don't believe there were any issues. Actually, I went into the cabin and it was kind of neat to see the officers on the bridge wings going in and out of port from the balcony.

Cabin 1042 should not present a problem by the elevators either. I've stayed in cabins by the aft elevators and no noise issues.

If it matters to you, from the deck plans cabin 1002 will have the bed by the balcony and cabin 1042 will have it by the bathroom.

Both have their good points as listed by yourself & ECSLADY

"Might be" cool to watch happenings on the Bridge if you are so inclined even inspite of perceived lack of privacy.

Mind you the Bridge wing being so close is also going to block views of the scenery

And there may be more noticeable hall traffic I would think outside of 1002 with The Bridge being right next door

We have had a cabin on The Solstice near the Midship Elevators, and it was very quiet... Never noticed the hall traffic in that situation.

If I was in your shoes, think I would opt for 1042

Cheers!

Thanks for your input! When I originally booked, I thought it would be cool to be able to look into the bridge, and I didn't think the obstruction would bother me. When I figured out today that the bed is by the balcony, I started to reconsider... decisions, decisions.