Cruise tomorrow on Dawn, first time NCL, have last minute questions

NolaZach

Okay, I was told I can bring cokes on the ship up to 20 per person (we would just bring a 12 pack) do we tape a luggage tag to these and check them? Do we carry them in? How do we do that.

I plan on buying fruity mixed drinks from NCL, but I cannot stand Pepsi.

If you bring cokes can you still bring water? or is it one or the other? (if so I can buy bottled water on the boat no problem)

When I park at the Pier (New Orleans - Julia Street) I saw it's $16 a day. Does that count for the day you leave as well? Let's say it's a two day cruise.. Would I be charged for two days (as I am only parking for less than 48 hours) or would I be charged for three days since I park on Friday and pick up on Sunday?

The answer to that will decide whether we cab or drive.

Is it better to be an hour early (11a) or an hour late (1p).

Thanks to any answers. It's just a short sample. I have Cagney's booked and look forward to it. We are celebrating my birthday.

No idea where you found the limit of 20. Never heard of it.

The issue is not soda or water. You can do both. By the way, ships water is fine.

Parking - check the port website. I will say it is very easy to get in and out there if driving.

I would lean towards a roll aboard for water and soda to make sure it gets there fine. We just roll our bag to the MDR for lunch, then the room.

Okay, so I should put my drinks IN a suitcase?

Hmm didn't think of that. do the x-ray it and go through the drinks? I was thinking they wanted you to show them the containers.

I got the limit of 20 from the roll call thread, but it isn't very active so I am posting here for last minute info.

How do we find out if there is a white hot party? I heard conflicting stories.

I guess I will call port in the morning, was just hoping someone was familar.

Okay, I was told I can bring cokes on the ship up to 20 per person (we would just bring a 12 pack) do we tape a luggage tag to these and check them? Do we carry them in? How do we do that.

I plan on buying fruity mixed drinks from NCL, but I cannot stand Pepsi. You can bring on as many as you want. In New Orleans you can NOT check soda, you must carry it on. Do no put them in your suitcase.

If you bring cokes can you still bring water? or is it one or the other? (if so I can buy bottled water on the boat no problem)You can bring both, no limit.

When I park at the Pier (New Orleans - Julia Street) I saw it's $16 a day. Does that count for the day you leave as well? Let's say it's a two day cruise.. Would I be charged for two days (as I am only parking for less than 48 hours) or would I be charged for three days since I park on Friday and pick up on Sunday?They will charge you for two days.

The answer to that will decide whether we cab or drive.

Is it better to be an hour early (11a) or an hour late (1p).You choice. They will board around noon.

Thanks to any answers. It's just a short sample. I have Cagney's booked and look forward to it. We are celebrating my birthday.

Answers in red above.

okay. wow, thank you. Going off of other posts I was about to load a second suitcase with the two twelve packs... Okay, so we have to carry them? No problem. Can they be in a bag, or do I have to have them out?

Just that the cardboard is known to randomly tear on a twelve pack.

Good to know, and no limit... Well a two day cruise 24 cokes should be more than enough even with us sharing...

Okay. No second suitcase...I guess I'll check my garmet bag then.

Don't waste your time or money on bottled water unless you are addicted to it. We take a water bottle and fill it on ship. As said before, ship water is fine. It is probably purer than the bottled stuff.

I keep reading this - but something to consider, we had our first NCL cruise in October, my husband does nasal lavage twice a day and the water on the ship really aggravated his sinuses, once he switched to using bottled water the problem cleared up. So maybe drinking the water is o.k., but if you do the lavage, it might not be as good.

there are two types of bottled water.. purified (most common) and Spring. I only get Spring water.

But I get your point. I'm planning on drinking a lot of liquor so water is good to keep the late night headaches at bay.

I am bringing six bottled waters, and two twleve packs of cokes. (as we don't drink pepsi) So I plan on buying shots and making my own mixed drinks.

Bags are packed in car, waiting for half our group to be ready. If they aren't ready by one we sail without them.

Wish we were going with you. We have to wait and wait and wait for our Dawn cruise! The Port of NOLA as others have said, will not let you check Coke but we had put ours in a rolling cooler that also folded up flat. That way, we were able to just roll it aboard.

Have fun and post pics of the Dawn when you get back please! The big ships are getting all the fancy reviews these days and I'm really wanting some Dawn details!