Dream coming to port early?

jetskier

Have a friend onboard who says they have a passenger who needs immediate medical attention, to be met by coast guard. Ship will dock at midnight but no debarkation until normal time due to customs...

It is possible they have a medical emergency and need to debark a passenger ASAP. It happened when I was on the Dream in September. We were on the last sea day and at lunch they made an announcement that we'd be getting back to NOLa early as we needed to rendezvous with the Coast Guard to get a passenger off....we were docked and tied up by midnight....felt odd not having a moving ship while we slept...

My granddaughter emailed me and said the patient was walking and talking and in a plastic suit when he was with the Coast Guard. They closed the infirmary. I wonder if it was Noro

Edited by Lars2014

In 2006 we were about 3 hundred miles south of Cuba on the second night of our cruise and our friends father had a massive HA during the first formal night and they turned the ship around so the coast guard chopper cut meet its fuel capacity to lift him off and fly him back to Miami , he fully recovered and the hospital credits the ships medical staff for doing all the right things to save his life. That also taught me to always buy trip insurance with medical transport coverage cause that chopper ride was 33K. Best of luck to your Father in Law !

I was onboard and watched in awe as they safely transferred the ill person into the coast guard boat. Everyone was cheering and clapping. I salute the medical team onboard for keeping this patient safe and stable until they could get him to a higher level of care. Awesome job!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums