Ease of parking?

mrsgoggins

We are going to rent a car for the day and I wondered how easy it is to park close to, say, Seven Mile Beach or in George town itself? Are there meters for instance, for which we would need local currency?

There will be 5 ships in port and we intend to be off the ship and to tour in the morning only. New to cruising and the Caribbean, so don't quite know what to expect. Thanks.

Thank you for replying. I should probably have been more specific. We intend to go to Queen Elizabeth II botanic park on the east of the island, and then I thought we would take a look at the tourist spots on the way back.

The ship (Disney Magic) departs at 4.15 pm and we were intending to be back on board by 2 pm.

I wanted to know if I would be doing a 'drive by' Seven Mile beach or if we would be able to stop and park. Little interest in beaches really, but it would be nice to know if we will have photo opportunities.

Edited by mrsgoggins

There is plenty of free parking at Seven Mile Beach Public Beach.

There are no parking meters in Cayman. Parking in downtown George Town can be hard to find. Do not park anywhere other than a clearly marked spot as the police will issue tickets.

Thank you, that's exactly the information I was after :)