Would you?

lbow2006

Would you consider giving up a 4J cabin for a Deluxe Ocean view that had two windows? We will have our then two year old with us.

I love the idea of the deck right in front of our 4J and being able to watch the ship pull into and leave port, but a tub and all that extra space would be wonderful! Would you do it? The price difference to change two rooms is $200

I would definitely prefer the deluxe OV room, but I don't think it would be worth $200 extra. Only if you are concerned about motion, as those 4Js tend to feel more motion than midship rooms.

Okay thank you! I would love the extra space and tub, but I told my husband this morning it was on deck 2 and he said no way. Apparently he feels uneasy about being on lower decks (like something bad could happen, lol). I guess I'll never experience a cove balcony either. :(

For now we will be staying where we are and will stick with enjoying the view as we dock and leave port. :) I'm sure the space shouldn't be a big issue.

I wouldn't, but that's because both my husband and I prefer higher decks. And for $200 extra, I would definitely stay put.

Yeah we're staying put. My husband saw the pictures of the room and said yes, but when I said deck 2 he said no way, haha. :o

Hubby and I prefer higher decks too. Also, if you are thinking the tub for the little one I would like to make this suggestion. You have a year until you cruise. Once the little one is standing well get them accustom to a shower. You can purchase a hand held shower head and easily replace one of your existing shower heads.

DG loves taking a shower at Nana's. I use colored soap and draw on the wall and let her wash it off. I also use bath toys that stick to the wall so bath time is still fun.

Your cruise is going to be different with a little one in tow but it will still be amazing. You get to see everything through their eyes. Take lots and lots of photos. Happy cruising.

I visited those cabins on the cabin crawls. Nice. I still stay interior mainly - and probably will keep on doing it - but those suites sure did look nice. Unlike most people that say they are never in their room - and normally I am not - I actually stayed in my room a lot on my back to backs. Reading and beautifying myself since I had the time. The larger and more comfortable cabin would have been nice - but I had rather do something else with that money.

Hubby and I prefer higher decks too. Also, if you are thinking the tub for the little one I would like to make this suggestion. You have a year until you cruise. Once the little one is standing well get them accustom to a shower. You can purchase a hand held shower head and easily replace one of your existing shower heads.

DG loves taking a shower at Nana's. I use colored soap and draw on the wall and let her wash it off. I also use bath toys that stick to the wall so bath time is still fun.

Your cruise is going to be different with a little one in tow but it will still be amazing. You get to see everything through their eyes. Take lots and lots of photos. Happy cruising.

Yeah, he's walking now so we may try the shower thing come spring. Otherwise I figured I can just bring a small blow up tub. I think all the space of that room just appealed to me because it is 1 1/2 times the size of a typical oceanview, lol. There is a ton of space on the ship where he can get his energy out and still a small amount of space in our room for him to play before bed. :)

I visited those cabins on the cabin crawls. Nice. I still stay interior mainly - and probably will keep on doing it - but those suites sure did look nice. Unlike most people that say they are never in their room - and normally I am not - I actually stayed in my room a lot on my back to backs. Reading and beautifying myself since I had the time. The larger and more comfortable cabin would have been nice - but I had rather do something else with that money.

You were on cruises for over a month!? That is awesome!

Okay back to the main point. I think we'll be keeping the 4J's. The larger room would have been nice, but due to location and additional cost it just isn't going to happen. We'll use that money for an excursion or something of that nature instead. Thanks! :)

We love the 4J rooms and always book them for our cruises. The balcony cabins are the best but usually cost an extra $500! That's a lot of money we could spend on drinks, excursions, drinks, souvenirs, did I mention drinks? LOL

Yup we're staying with our 4J's. :) If there are price drops I'll consider a balcony or banking the extra funds for us to use on the cruise. It's my mom's first cruise so it'd be nice to upgrade to balcony cabins, but even with the 4J's the balcony is literally right there.

Can you actually see the port when the ship is pulling in from those upper 4J rooms. When I was up there it seemed that there was a barrier that kept you from seeing even the water. (They are considered obstructed view rooms) Having stayed in the two window rooms, the space is amazing.

Can you actually see the port when the ship is pulling in from those upper 4J rooms. When I was up there it seemed that there was a barrier that kept you from seeing even the water. (They are considered obstructed view rooms) Having stayed in the two window rooms, the space is amazing.

I don't think you can see the water from your room, but I believe if we pop out onto the balcony when we arrive in port (once the ship has slowed down and it's not crazy windy) that we could just watch from there. :)

I really want that 2 window room and wish it were on a higher deck so I could get my husband to agree, but he's adamant that we not stay there. :(

We just did two cruises together where we had one of each type of cabin.

First was on the Magic, we had booked an interior guarantee and were upgraded to a 6L Deluxe Ocean View on Deck 1. We had never been on that deck before but it turned out really well, the extra half bath gave DW room to spread out her stuff, and the extra closet meant we had way more storage room than we needed. The deck was quiet most of the time, can only remember noise a couple of times and nothing to get uptight about. Also not much movement down there.

After we got back we spent a night ashore and then got on the Triumph the next day, We were in 9201 which was a 4J on the Lido deck. This was the smallest 4J we have ever stayed in and DW was not very happy with me. Lot of movement since we had a rough ride pretty much the whole way.

We are booked on the Triumph twice next year, once for 12 days in a balcony, and then the Galveston - San Juan - Galveston 21 day round the Caribbean in October/November. I had originally booked us in a 4J on deck 7 for this one but after last week I switched the booking tonight to an ocean view cabin on Deck 1 (even though I know we don't get the extra half bath but we do get the couch). 3 weeks in one of these smaller cabins would not be conducive to marital bliss.

Jim

I am just off the Freedom and had a 4j on Empress deck. Loved it! Room was quiet and while there was some motion, it was not extreme. I had no problem with it. Loved the room, and loved the price:D . Have a great criuse:)