Princess Cays Tour

travellovers2

We would like to know if the "sightseeing tour" they offer in Princess Cays is worth taking? We are not interested in the beach so we thought this tour might be interesting, but since we already had a bad experience in Grand Turk that the tour to the city was a waste of time/money, we want to ask in advance. Thank you for your help. :D

We would like to know if the "sightseeing tour" they offer in Princess Cays is worth taking? We are not interested in the beach so we thought this tour might be interesting, but since we already had a bad experience in Grand Turk that the tour to the city was a waste of time/money, we want to ask in advance. Thank you for your help. :D

I took the tour and thought it was worthwhile. The visit to a local school was really nice. The kids sang a Christmas song for us since we sailed the beginning of December. Lunch was fun. Get some gumbay (sp?) punch.

This year I am taking the new one to the Nature Preserve. I am not a beach person either.

Sue

• 1 year later...
Boring at best. If a beach isn't your thing your better off staying on the ship for the day.

I disagree. Touring a beautiful tropical island is not boring to me. Our guide pulled fresh conch out of the shell for us to eat. Lunch and the goomba smash drink was great. As a former teacher I love to hear about the islands and their history. Visiting the school was a plus. Visiting the government building surrounded by native flowers etc. Staying on the ship would be boring to me.

Sue

I disagree. Touring a beautiful tropical island is not boring to me. Our guide pulled fresh conch out of the shell for us to eat. Lunch and the goomba smash drink was great. As a former teacher I love to hear about the islands and their history. Visiting the school was a plus. Visiting the government building surrounded by native flowers etc. Staying on the ship would be boring to me.

Sue

I find that the island of Euthanasia to be the least exciting of all the Caribbean islands. They have nothing of interest compared to any of the others & just sell tours to the ships people trying to make their island sound exciting.

If a tour on Euthanasia excites you then a tour on just about any of the Caribbean islands would have to be classified as thrilling.

...but that's only my opinion. ;)

We took the tour in Nov. 2015. We had a great time. The guides were so nice and interesting. There was no 30 minute stop at the store. We had a minor break down and had a new van in 15 minutes. We broke down by the ocean so it was so hard to wait-ha-ha. We had a great lunch and we were entertained by the Junkanoo folks. Being a retired teacher the stop at the school was great. The 3rd graders sang Christmas carols and their national anthem. We have been to the private island umpteen times and we wanted to see what was beyond the gates. We are so glad we took this tour and would highly recommend it.

I find that the island of Euthanasia to be the least exciting of all the Caribbean islands. T

[/b]

I can see why you might think the island of Euthanasia would be death warmed over. However the Island of Eleutheria is an interesting place.

There are some beautiful views of the sea and of coves on the tour we took, along with a stop for some refreshments. True, some of the tour was a little hokey...but what do you want.

We also learned some interesting facts about the island, such as it was a big hangout for celebrities in the 1960's-people like the rat pack liked to go there.

Overall I thought it was interesting. Besides, on the day we took the tour, the Princess beach was clouded over. Where we were was sunny and beautiful!

I can see why you might think the island of Euthanasia would be death warmed over. However the Island of Eleutheria is an interesting place.

There are some beautiful views of the sea and of coves on the tour we took, along with a stop for some refreshments. True, some of the tour was a little hokey...but what do you want.

We also learned some interesting facts about the island, such as it was a big hangout for celebrities in the 1960's-people like the rat pack liked to go there.

Overall I thought it was interesting. Besides, on the day we took the tour, the Princess beach was clouded over. Where we were was sunny and beautiful!

That's a good one. :D:DMy spell checker came close anyway. ;)

Thanks for the update. We have been to the island several times and will be on a B2B that will stop there twice so where looking for something to do that would be different on the second time. This looked interesting and thought we would be able to see something different.

We took the tour in Nov. 2015. We had a great time. The guides were so nice and interesting. There was no 30 minute stop at the store. We had a minor break down and had a new van in 15 minutes. We broke down by the ocean so it was so hard to wait-ha-ha. We had a great lunch and we were entertained by the Junkanoo folks. Being a retired teacher the stop at the school was great. The 3rd graders sang Christmas carols and their national anthem. We have been to the private island umpteen times and we wanted to see what was beyond the gates. We are so glad we took this tour and would highly recommend it.

Hi!

I was on that tour with you. Are you the woman who got the woven fronds? It was a really sweet and enjoyable tour. Not commercial and very sweet.