Bermuda-Early Saver???

agennis

Hello there. For those who have taken unusual itineraries.....we are thinking of booking the Carnival Sunshine Bermuda itinerary in October. I am on the fence on whether to book early saver though since it is an unusual itinerary for Florida. I am considering the obstructed OV, which are already looking looking limited. Wondering if maybe I ought to just book military (currently the same price as ES) since it gives a little more flexibility and prices on this one may stay high due to lthe uniqueness of the itinerary. Any opinions on whether ES may just not be worth it on this one.....thanks!

We booked a 7th floor balcony on the Splendor for Bermuda for Oct. 2015. We booked Early Saver because that was the cheapest rate; however, I am not expecting any price drops as the interiors are now considerably more than we paid for a balcony. With that said the Splendor repo we were just on from San Juan to Miami soared in price and then dropped a lot shortly before sailing. However, Lido never went down as it was sold out so no OBC for us. The week before that the Splendor did a repo from New York to San Juan and that cruise came way down in price. While the unusual itineraries seem to mostly go upin price, there are exceptions like the New York to San Juan cruise. So you never know for sure.

Happy Cruising!

So jealous!!!!

Would love to do this itinerary, but DD will be in school.:mad:

She will be a junior in HS, so too hard to pull her out for a week.

Miss those elementary days when the teachers said it was fine because it was "educational":rolleyes:

Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Maybe I'll have to take my MIL. I could survive it.

Wishing you all great cruises.:D:D

Why can I not see this cruise to Bermuda?

I chose Sunshine for October 2015 and am just getting Caribbean itineraries.

:mad::mad::mad:

KP, don't select a date and only enter Bermuda. There aren't too many cruises going here so it shouldn't be too hard to find the one you're looking for.

I didn't bother to book ES for the Splendor Bermuda sailing. I was on the Glory sailing from Norfolk in 2011 and knew that on that 1-time sailing, the price just kept going up. It's all about supply and demand.

I did book while on Pride in May, so I'll at least get $100 OBC for that (plus my SH credit).

I booked a 1A (with PH) as a solo, PG rate and thought it was very expensive, but when I did some comparisons with other lines, realized that it wasn't really that much more.

I paid $1485. Balcony & suites have been sold out for months. Right now, the ES 1A price for a solo is $2345 (and no 1A PHs are left). For a "regular" interior, it says +$70/day! For a "spa" interior, it's +$91.50/day!

So, if you want a regular interior for two people, you'd pay just under $3,000. For a week. Ouch! And that's the lowest ES rate! :eek:

I don't often book ES anyway (I don't like restrictions), but wouldn't do it for the 1-time sailings.

But I don't have to pay air to Norfolk. I'm only a little over 3 hours away. And I can't sail until after 10/15 (work deadlines), so Sunshine isn't an option for me or I'd switch to get the extra day.