Recommended Trip Insurance Companies

angie16451

I was trying to find that. I just couldn't find it.

We are going on a 6 night kidless cruise. I just wanted the cancel for any reason in case my mom backs out (which I think is very unlikely) but I don't like the idea that I only get UP TO 50% back.... :-/

Bulldawg is correct.

If you cancel for a "covered" reason, then you would get max amount covered returned.

If you cancel for a non covered reason (babysitter backs out), then you would be exercising the Cancel For Any Readon portion of the policy.

Almost all policies only reimburse from 50% to 75% of losses.

A couple of caveats with CFAR.

Usually must purchase within X number of days after initial trip deposit.

Usually must exercise more than 48 hours prior to trip departure.

Some cruiseline issued policies automatically include CFAR and reimburse a future cruise credit rather than money back. This cruise credit is usually 75% to 90% depending on cruiseline.

We normally use Squaremouth to compare - but the other sites work just as well - I just like the UI better on SM. The site makes it easy to read the policy certificates and compare the coverage wording prior to buying.

We've filed claims with TravelSafe and TravelEx with no problems. The form from the doc was accepted no questions. They were cancellations prior to leaving. One of those DH still went on the trip and we just had to cancel my portion. (he was going for work, I was not)

If you have a pre existing condition issues - the timing on purchase of insurance matters -- a lot of them have it within X days of INITIAL deposit on a trip. (TravelSafe and TravelEx are ones that have the within X of initial deposit) Read the definitions -- a lot of things don't count if you are medically stable with medication that hasn't changed during the look back period. If these things apply to you, you need to read the policies for yourself and call the companies if you need clarification to make sure you are covered for your condition. Most of the cruiseline policies I've read do not cover PEC very well if at all.

CSA Luxe is who I purchased our last set from - they are one of the few that have the pre existing condition waiver up until final payment. For some of the cruises we don't know if we are going to actually take them when we book 18+ months out because there was an onboard deal/credit. Life changes in that time frame, so sometimes I wait to buy insurance until we start booking the non refundable things around final payment. There was a second one that came up, Trawick International, when I was looking yesterday that even farther out that CSA - their wording was a bit strange - it was within 30 days of final, not the 24 hours of final payment. Our CSA policy is a secondary on the medical - but our regular insurance covers emergency stuff out of the country (not everyone's does you need to check your own coverage)

The companies that provide insurance will vary by your detestation

Edited by MonDreamr1

Bulldawg is correct.

If you cancel for a "covered" reason, then you would get max amount covered returned.

If you cancel for a non covered reason (babysitter backs out), then you would be exercising the Cancel For Any Readon portion of the policy.

Almost all policies only reimburse from 50% to 75% of losses.

A couple of caveats with CFAR.

Usually must purchase within X number of days after initial trip deposit.

Usually must exercise more than 48 hours prior to trip departure.

Some cruiseline issued policies automatically include CFAR and reimburse a future cruise credit rather than money back. This cruise credit is usually 75% to 90% depending on cruiseline.

Thank u for clarifying this! I found a policy on insuremytrip that goes up to 75%. I don't plan on canceling but sometimes things can happen! We just booked yesterday, so I know I need to get the insurance within 14 days to get the CFAR. I really appreciate the help! Carnival's is so pricey compared to the other places!