I bought the wrong product....

I hate when I do this. Ran out of Cetaphil cleanser which I have used for years and when I went to use the new one I purchased it was full of a greasy-type cleanser! I was so mad that they had changed their formula. Loved the ease of using the old type which I could tissue off rather than rinse off. I was ready to fire off a letter to them when I discovered that I'd purchased "normal to oily skin" instead of "gentle". Grrrr. Both jars are so similar you can't tell at a glance.

Now I'm wondering just how effective this product is anyway, besides just removing makeup. It's supposed to combat wrinkles by helping the skin retain moisture. Maybe I'd better quit using a magnifying mirror, but I'm not so sure it's doing its stuff! What do you all use?

For a facial cleanser I use either Darphin or Caudalie.

I have dry skin and like a creamy cleanser that won't burn my eyes. I can't be bothered using two separate cleansing products on the face.

Jane

I use a Roc cleanser or T LeClerc (if I can get it as that I have to have shipped, can't buy here) and I've been using La Prairie for skin moisturizer, eye cream etc for over 25 years.

I don't like the La Priaire cleanser as I don't think it "cleanses" as well as it should

I love the Cetaphil cleanser and use it, but only in the am and probably the gentle cleanser you usually use. At night, I need something that really gets the days dirt off. Having super-sensitive skin, I do have to be careful, I use a cleanser from a local supplier www.fanie.com recommended to me by an esthetician. My kids use their acne line with good results.

Unless I can return a product, if it doesn't work for me, I will use it for a different use. Your product, since I can't use oily stuff on my skin, I would probably use it to shave my legs. That's what I do with hair conditioner I don't care for.

I love the Cetaphil cleanser and use it, but only in the am and probably the gentle cleanser you usually use. At night, I need something that really gets the days dirt off. Having super-sensitive skin, I do have to be careful, I use a cleanser from a local supplier www.fanie.com recommended to me by an esthetician. My kids use their acne line with good results.

Unless I can return a product, if it doesn't work for me, I will use it for a different use. Your product, since I can't use oily stuff on my skin, I would probably use it to shave my legs. That's what I do with hair conditioner I don't care for.

Kathy, that's a great idea, I hate to just waste the stuff!

Jane, I would love to try the products you mentioned but judging by the web searches I did, it doesn't look like it's available locally!

MrsMoose, thanks for the ROC suggestion, I use their wrinkle cream, never thought about looking for a cleanser in that line.

And Nliedel, I would never knock Ivory Soap!

Archived