Regal Princess Advice

Likes2cruise

Just returned from a cruise on the Ruby Princess, and am considering a cruise on the Regal Princess. I'm looking for advice. My 90-year-old (will be 91 by the time we cruise) mother uses a walker in the cabin and a wheelchair everywhere else, so we need a handicapped cabin. Getting around on the Ruby was fairly easy--any concerns about getting around on the Regal? It looks like the accessible cabins are located near the midships elevators. I'm seeing many complaints about lack of midship stairs and elevator problems. I'm also wondering about access to the Princess Theater for those in wheelchairs. Any advice will be appreciated. Try the Regal? Or stick with a sister ship to the Ruby?

We are just off a fabulous cruise on the Regal. The elevators didn't seem to be a problem - not long waiting times. There were several people with wheelchairs and scooters.

The theater is very easy for wheelchairs. The rows close to the stage have what I call "indentations" on the end every other row so there is room for a wheelchair.

The ship is gorgeous and I would say a wonderful cruise awaits should you decide to book the Regal:)

Couldn't tell from the deck plans if there was theater access on deck 6. Thanks for the info.

It looks like the handicapped minis are located under the Sea Walk. Any info on these cabins would be much appreciated.

Of course, ANY tips about the Regal would be very helpful. Our first Princess cruise was on the old Regal...very small compared to the current Princess ships.

We've stayed in midship minis, but not an actual handicapped cabin. Book on the port side on Baja deck or lower to avoid privacy issues from the Seawalk. We love these cabins and the convenient mid ship location. The elevators were not a problem on our recent Regal cruise except during embarkation and after the muster drills. there is very convenient access from Deck 6 to the Princess Theatre and many convenient locations for wheel chairs on that level. We had wonderful food, service and entertainment, so we highly recommend the Regal.