Coupon question $100.00 off do they help?

hjlanda22

Ok I booked a cruise on carnival I was looking on ebay to maybe buy some ship credit (gift certificates) in order to save money and noticed people selling 100.00 off coupons for a 7 day or more carnival cruise, I was thinking If I went ahead and got one (the cost is 1.00) If I could call carnival and get the discount even though Im booked and paid for if not maybe they will give me on board credit what do you think???? anyone???? FYI.... I am still under my time in order to make changes to my cruise booking without penalty, meaning if I canceld now (which I dont plan on) I would get a 100% refund at this point I have about 10 days or so until I would have to pay penalties for changes....

Any advice or thoughts????

We had one of those coupons ... it came from the "Entertainment Book" ... however, we found that as past cruisers we got a better deal ... also, before the past cruiser deal accord, we had a better deal through AARP ... in other words ... if you are getting any kind of discount you can only get one ... we could not combine the past cruiser, coupon and AARP on the same cabin ...

Hope this helps ...

Candy

We had one of those coupons ... it came from the "Entertainment Book" ... however, we found that as past cruisers we got a better deal ... also, before the past cruiser deal accord, we had a better deal through AARP ... in other words ... if you are getting any kind of discount you can only get one ... we could not combine the past cruiser, coupon and AARP on the same cabin ...

Hope this helps ...

Candy

I am a past cruiser but got no discount for that I was told by the carnival rep that booked us I was much better of getting a guarantee cabin rather then taking advantage of the "current past guest promo" I also called about the AARP discount and was told they no longer accept it, meaning they do not discount for that program anymore........ EVENTHOUGH its advertised in there books.... I question;d this and was told starting 2005 of january they no longer were in conection with AARP........ So I have no discount on my cabin as of right now.....

That can also be true going with a qty as opposed to an assigned room ... we however like to know exactly where our room is and so we go assigned ... as for the AARP, our booking took part last Dec so that is why they ok'd it ... then of course we told them about the $100 coupon ... then early this year we got in on the past guest promotion but that wiped out the coupon ...

Basically ... I think that the PVP at Carnival will give you the best deal out there that you can get when booking directly with them ... if you feel that maybe there is something better ... call and get a different PVP and see what they have to say ...

Candy

We have used those coupons twice before - both when we were not able to use the military discount.

On one occasion we used it with a new booking, and the other time we used it towards an existing (booked months prior) booking. On both occasions we were dealing directly with CCL - so I am not sure if that is what made the difference since the one booking was not "new".

Tom

mine from the entertainment book stated a 6a or higher booking... which is generally an oceanview with you pickiing the lowest OV.... not a guarentee. you can use this for a balcony or suite guarentee. It won't work with any other discount including past guest:eek: don't get me started about THAT one!

but if you can find a good discount.. like those in the 90 day in category... then you don't need the past guest... and a 6a... oceanview is very affordable, especially with the coupon.

we've sent ours in to carnival and have beat our heads against the wall to get these to work (our past guest gave us a 2 cat. upgrade which was more than $100.... but I guess we just aren't appreciative and want it all:D! I have some in anyone can really use them.

cal

The terms are listed on the Ebay Coupon:

Terms and conditions:Certificate may be redeemed at any travel agent and is valid on selected 3,4,5 and 7-day Carnival cruises departing before December 31, 2005. New individual bookings only. One certificate per stateroom.Space may be limited on certain cruises. Certain restrictions may apply. Specific cruises may be excluded at any time. Christmas & New Years cruises are not avaliable. Applies to purchases at available rates for stateroom categories 6A through 12 (excluding 6E and 9A). Offer combinable with Super Savers discount. Not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Savings for single occupancy bookings is $50 for 7-day cruise and $25 for 3, 4 and 5 day cruises. Certificate must be presented with deposit payment. Savings may not be deducted from deposit amount. Ships registered: Panama and Bahamas. You are not paying for actual coupon. You are bidding on my time, effort and materials to clip and send.

Archived