Carnival Breeze with baby- Bring P+P? Bring tub?

FoodiesAtSea

We are booked on an 8 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean on the Carnival Breeze in January with my (will be) 9 month old son and have already requested a crib. The Carnival rep said it was a metal portable crib based on what she was was reading but I thought I'd read it was a pack and play elsewhere. Does anyone know what it is? Is there a chance of a screw up and no crib?

Also, he will clearly not be potty trained by then so would be in swim diapers. We read about bringing a blow up tub to the pool area. Has anyone done this or have recommendations for water fun for him on the ship?

Thanks in advance!

Yes...a blow-up tub is handy! A 9 mo. old only needs a couple inches of water to splash...they don't need an entire pool! Great for bathing, too, since most cabins have only showers.

I think Carnival provides cribs...some cruise lines provide P&P's only.

When i cruised with my daughter (not on Carnival, sorry) I brought along a small inflatable pool that we used as a bathtub for her since they only had a shower. The child area on the pool deck was lots of fun for her! hope this helps!

Here's a cool thread from a mom that was on the Breeze.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2088500

I did 2 cruises (Magic and Pride) with cribs and ended up co-sleeping and using the crib as a place to store stuff we didn't want her to get. LOL

Both times, they were metal like the one pictured in the thread. I WISH I would have had the idea to do the shower curtain thing. AWESOME! I spent so much time the first cruise when she turned 1 in the dark with the glow of my book light. LOL

I also agree - the blow up tub is great. It's handy for bath time but a couple of beer buckets of water and she was happy for the first cruise. She'd just started walking so she was more interested in walking around than splashing. I could hold her hands and she could walk and kick on the pool edges and no one said anything. She didn't sit down or cause a risk of toxic explosion. LOL

Have fun! Stay patient!

This may be a stupid question but How do you fill the blow up pool? (with water not air for those that want to joke haha)

I always used beer buckets to fill the pool, though a beach bucket would work well also. Just dip from the main pool and dump into the kiddie pool. Keep in mind that this is salt water... and make sure to take pictures. :D Joking aside, at that age our kids would blink a bit and then go on with their play.

To drain: before filling place the edge of the pool on a floor drain. When done, push the side down and let the water down the drain in a controlled fashion. You don't notice them so much, but there are floor drains everywhere on an open pool deck on a ship. Try to put the pool in a nice little nook to keep the kid(s) out of the flow of traffic.

Edited by mikesteg

• 4 weeks later...

Carnival's cribs are metal and about the size of a minicrib. Our steward had it set up during dinner the first night and kept it made up every day with clean sheets.

When we took our 13 month old on the Pride we didn't take a blow up pool of any kind, he really got his fill of swimming in ports and I didn't see a good place we could have put a blow up pool for the short amount of time most kids would sit in it. As for bathing- a good tip we got was to take a tub plug (plastic circular disk basically) to lay over the drain. Then we were able to put 2-3 inches of water in the shower basin and wash our son that way. He loved it and it saved us the hassle of blowing up a tub every night!

Carnival's cribs are metal and about the size of a minicrib. Our steward had it set up during dinner the first night and kept it made up every day with clean sheets.

When we took our 13 month old on the Pride we didn't take a blow up pool of any kind, he really got his fill of swimming in ports and I didn't see a good place we could have put a blow up pool for the short amount of time most kids would sit in it. As for bathing- a good tip we got was to take a tub plug (plastic circular disk basically) to lay over the drain. Then we were able to put 2-3 inches of water in the shower basin and wash our son that way. He loved it and it saved us the hassle of blowing up a tub every night!

The drain stopper is a great idea. I knew I was not bringing a pool for the shower, but still hadn't come up with anything yet. This is perfect, thanks.