For Kruzseeka

As I said it was my last word on that other thread :p I will contininue our conversation on here :D:D

We have been on Crown princess twice and it is the same design and size as Azura and Ventura. It is a lovely ship and apart from the looooong corridors where the cabins are, you don't really get the impression of it being much bigger than other ships. Of course you will probably get lost once or twice, but who doesn't? I get lost on the Braemar and she is only 23,000 tons and I have been on her 3 times!

A friend of ours who has only been on Princess, keeps saying why don't we go to the Caribbean with Princess Cruises. I told him I had looked, but nothing suitable. He didn't believe me, so I went to the TA and got a brochure and basically their ships only do 7 days and you can't do back to back as they just keep doing the same itineraries over and over again, interspersed with short 3 and 4 day cruises. The only 14 day ones seem to be Panama, coming back from Los Angeles :eek: and I really just want to go round the islands and relax.

So it looks like Azura, Ventura or Celebration for us and Celebration has the best itinerary.

As I said it was my last word on that other thread I will contininue our conversation on here :D

We have been on Crown princess twice and it is the same design and size as Azura and Ventura. It is a lovely ship and apart from the looooong corridors where the cabins are, you don't really get the impression of it being much bigger than other ships. Of course you will probably get lost once or twice, but who doesn't? I get lost on the Braemar and she is only 23,000 tons and I have been on her 3 times!

A friend of ours who has only been on Princess, keeps saying why don't we go to the Caribbean with Princess Cruises. I told him I had looked, but nothing suitable. He didn't believe me, so I went to the TA and got a brochure and basically their ships only do 7 days and you can't do back to back as they just keep doing the same itineraries over and over again, interspersed with short 3 and 4 day cruises. The only 14 day ones seem to be Panama, coming back from Los Angeles :eek: and I really just want to go round the islands and relax.

So it looks like Azura, Ventura or Celebration for us and Celebration has the best itinerary.

Don't blame you - don't play their game! ;)

Thanks for the comparison with ships approx the size of Azura. :) That's promising. When we were on Infinity and QE we found the public areas seemed less crowded partly because there are more public spaces but also because I think with so many balcony cabins, some people will prefer to use them for relaxing which means fewer people in the communal areas. Perhaps that would have made a difference on your trip if people could have used their balconies more rather than being couped up inside because of the weather.

All kinds of things can affect our impressions and enjoyment can't they? And they're different for every cruise and every person! Still it's good to get input from fellow CCers who we know as we get a sense of what they like/dislike and also we all have a common affection for Thomson so we can use that as a starting point for comparisons. The long corridors might have hidden benefits in terms of working off a few calories - better make sure I don't turn the wrong way when we come out of the lifts (a favourite trick of mine!) or I'll be burning off even more! Though I could stand it! :o

Anyway we'll see what we make of it! Like you I still favour the Celebration itinerary (but not the one with short stops at Grenada and another island - can't remember which now) as especially in the Caribbean I'd rather be off on the islands. Let's hope there are the signs of change re the food and then I'll be happy to look again! And who knows, after this trip I might be back quite quickly if we don't care for the bigger ship! :rolleyes:

Cruisin Linda, I have been on the Celebration and Spirit. This April we spent 2 weeks on the Ventura in a balcony cabin. Benefits of the Thomson ships are the crew, who we found to be so much more friendlier, including cabin staff, waiters and bar staff.

We preferred the Ventura as a whole though, there was more space to spread out on the decks and we loved the Headliners shows.

Looking to book the Caribbean in Jan/Feb and will be booking either the Azura or Ventura. So much cheaper for a balcony than Thomson.

[Q thaUOTE=CRUISIN LINDA;44864639]As I said it was my last word ont other thread :p I will contininue our conversation on here :D:D

A friend of ours who has only been on Princess, keeps saying why don't we go to the Caribbean with Princess Cruises. I told him I had looked, but nothing suitable. He didn't believe me, so I went to the TA and got a brochure and basically their ships only do 7 days and you can't do back to back as they just keep doing the same itineraries over and over again, interspersed with short 3 and 4 day cruises. The only 14 day ones seem to be Panama, coming back from Los Angeles and I really just want to go round the islands and relax.

You do make me laugh sometimes.:D:D;)

Quotes acting up again!.

Edited by happy v

Hi Linda

I have done 12 days with Princess down to Panama Canal and back from Fort Lauderdale on Coral Princess.

Main difference now is air fare is separate, where as I got inclusive package.

Good luck with the search, Princess are good, but so too are Royal Caribbean. It all depends on what you are after (at the right price)

Hi Linda

I have done 12 days with Princess down to Panama Canal and back from Fort Lauderdale on Coral Princess.

Main difference now is air fare is separate, where as I got inclusive package.

Good luck with the search, Princess are good, but so too are Royal Caribbean. It all depends on what you are after (at the right price)

Hi Pressy :) Not keen on RCI after going on IOTS, but we liked Jewel; we prefer their smaller ships, so might look at that. Having a break today, spent one and a half hours cleaning the kitchen, though how long it will stay like that with two men in the house (Husband and son in case you thought I had a lover, lol)I don:rolleyes: know

Didn't think I was being funny Vera :confused::confused::D

Your comments about last word on other thread.

I couldn't get the highlights to work so I thought I had deleted the rest of the quote, but that didn't work either and I couldn't cancel.:o Never mind I wasn't firing on all cylinders anyway, but feel better now.:)