Which Wharf??

Can anybody tell me exactly where the Celebrity Cruise Ship Solstice docks when at Bay of Islands? My research tells me that it might be a tender? And that it would either be Russell Wharf or Waitangi Wharf. I need to get to Pahia Wharf for a hole in the rock tour once the cruise ship docks

Can anybody tell me exactly where the Celebrity Cruise Ship Solstice docks when at Bay of Islands? My research tells me that it might be a tender? And that it would either be Russell Wharf or Waitangi Wharf. I need to get to Pahia Wharf for a hole in the rock tour once the cruise ship docks

Hi Suzie

We are on Solstice next week...can't wait

Yes, the Bay of Islands in NZ is a Tender Port. The cruise ships have a specific anchorage area (see attached maps) and the tenders will go to the Waitangi Wharf. There they have a "welcoming" party and free shuttles into Paihia.

Most of the bay tours (incl those that go to the Hole in the Rock) leave about 9.00am so you will need to ensure you get on one of the early tenders.

ry%3D400ry%3D400

If you go to the web cam you can see the general area. Right now 1st Dec 14, there is a cruise ship (P&O Pacific Pearl I think) anchored.

http://www.pioneerapartments.co.nz/location/webcam

cheers

Edited by Flipper133