Snorkeling sailors

Skylark baby

We are booked on the April 14, 2015 cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti (RT San Diego) on the HAL Statendam. This is a perfect itinerary for us, and we look forward to seeing the S. Pacific again. We enjoyed the Ryndam last January and loved the ship. I'm concerned about the flooding and plumbing problems posted about the Statendam, and wonder if anyone knows whether the issues have been solved?

We had no problems on her last year. Personally I would not be concerned. All ships new and old have problems but usually they are addressed quickly. We found her to be a great ship, maintained well. Would not hesitate to go on her again. That is an awesome cruise.....:)

Edited by PathfinderEss

There were quite a few flooding issues and pipe leaks in April/May this year.

Things happen, get fixed, happen somewhere else, get fixed......

It is reasonable to assume that any cruise of this length likely will have a problem or two.

Actually, we've been on the Statendam about 6 or 7 times and there was never not some problem or other: smell, floods, A/C and heat not working ... We take this as as normal as it comes. If by chance, no problems, we consider that a bonus!

Lovely cruise!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Thank you, Melodie! I appreciate the first hand information. It sounds like such an awesome cruise on a ship that won't be doing this cruise again. You are very helpful!

Your very welcome and I would jump at the chance to do this cruise again on the Statendam.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone:

My husband and I booked this cruise last month January 2015. I have been kicked off several forums saying I am on the wrong ship.

So before I start with my life story.

Is this the cruise leaving San Diego on April 14, 2015 out of San Diego, CA for 29 days to Hawaii and the South Pacific.

Thanks

Bea:cool: