6 weeks in Britain, Northern Ireland

Wayfairers

Good news...we have some close friends with relatives scattered throughout the UK. They haven't traveled outside of London and want to join us on this trip. They have offered to contact the relatives to get ideas then put together a general itinerary that we will fine tune together. Thanks so much for all your help so far. You have helped me decide how we will get to (train Amsterdam to London) and from (ferry Newcastle to Amsterdam or closest terminal) the UK as well as an idea of our route within the UK. As I have more questions I will start new threads. This really helps me as this is a portion of a 4 month European trip

I am pleased you found a way forward with your trip plannig. There has been discussion about the benefits of the National Trust of England and that of Scotland. You may also wish to consider another option designed specifically for folks from the USA.

Check up on The Royal Oak Foundation - it is a US based organisation working with England and Scotland National Trusts. For a fully tax deductible fee you can get free access to all of the two Trust's locations.

Edited by roysmith99

another vote for the Royal Oak Foundation. The one year contribution is very reasonable and gives you access to all National Trust properties for the full year. It's very easy to use and has saved us plenty of standing in line time at the more popular locations.