No Quest on Quantum

As for the 70s party on Quantum, my understanding is that this is now an 80s party, so clearly they're going after a younger demographic.

Younger demographic? Like people in their 40's? :D

I personally prefer the 80's parties because that's the music I listened to in high school. I never liked disco in the 70's and I don't like it much now. :)

I also don't believe that all people participating would expect to see their naked butts up on a giant screen, but whatever. Frankly, I thought Quest was funny. .

We saw their naked butts because they have chosen to show it to the cruise director who has a camera men next to him. All participant and guest know and see the camera. The guest is always at 12am and rarely we see people that are new to cruise jointing because the show is super late. I also believe that the people that participate know what to expect and love to show what they got. What a confidence that most girls are wearing a thong and guys super tight underwear.

As the cruise director says. If you get easily offender its your time to leave now and whatever happen in the Guest stays in the Guest 😜

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What's next? Give all passengers a coloring book and a box of crayolas?

You are KIDDING right? " Give, " heck no, a " nominal " charge for your benefit because crayons are so popular to keep down traffic flow in the coloring book areas.

George in NY Quantum 12/20/14 Holiday sailing to SEE for myself.

Edited by Georgeny

Surely there are places to hold it. How about the Music Hall? Two70?

Sounds to me like an excuse for the CD and staff to do less actual activities.

This was apparent on our 3 day Quantum cruise. On sea days, all that was going on was trivia.

We spoke to many members of the activities crew on Quantum. They said that they have other responsibilities and job assignments in other areas. While they weren't complaining about working hard, it wasn't the kind of work they wanted to do. They all said that they prefer the other ships they've been on where they can do more entertaining and activities, and less alternative assignments. Some even said that they have already asked for transfers to those other ships.

As a former Royal Caribbean youth staff member for 8 years, I can say I did a lot of other responsibilities that was not necessarily under my job title. When I first started, my job was to take care of the kids and provide entertainment in Adventure Ocean. As the years passed, they cut more staff in the cruise division and the company started to add responsibilities to our job. For example... you would also have to run the carousel, run the pets at sea store, scan cards and do doors for the shows, kareoke, quest,rockwall shifts, lifeguard at the H20 zone, etc. Its just a lot of work. Imagine doing a 9 hour shift with screaming kids and then a half hour later getting dressed into formal and scanning cards at the shows and then being yelled at a guest because they dont have a reservation? All the staff no matter what division you work in, work many hours and try to smile and do their best. The company just keeps pushing the staff to the limit and they keep downsizing staff so they can build these new ships. Eliminating the assistant waiter position on the Quantum is just ridiculous! The dining room staff work so hard and to have the waiter do all the responsibilities is just plain wrong. As far as not having the quest, love and marriage....it's all on the CD. There is enough space to hold the events. But in his defense, while all of his staff is busy running the north star, bumper cars, i fly, flowrider, etc... what staff does he have left to do the quest and love and marriage? Its a shame the direction this company is going.

As a former Royal Caribbean youth staff member for 8 years, I can say I did a lot of other responsibilities that was not necessarily under my job title. When I first started, my job was to take care of the kids and provide entertainment in Adventure Ocean. As the years passed, they cut more staff in the cruise division and the company started to add responsibilities to our job. For example... you would also have to run the carousel, run the pets at sea store, scan cards and do doors for the shows, kareoke, quest,rockwall shifts, lifeguard at the H20 zone, etc. Its just a lot of work. Imagine doing a 9 hour shift with screaming kids and then a half hour later getting dressed into formal and scanning cards at the shows and then being yelled at a guest because they dont have a reservation? All the staff no matter what division you work in, work many hours and try to smile and do their best. The company just keeps pushing the staff to the limit and they keep downsizing staff so they can build these new ships. Eliminating the assistant waiter position on the Quantum is just ridiculous! The dining room staff work so hard and to have the waiter do all the responsibilities is just plain wrong. As far as not having the quest, love and marriage....it's all on the CD. There is enough space to hold the events. But in his defense, while all of his staff is busy running the north star, bumper cars, i fly, flowrider, etc... what staff does he have left to do the quest and love and marriage? Its a shame the direction this company is going.

Thanks for the insight. I tried Oasis back in 2012 and I enjoyed it, with the understanding of course that this was NOT cruising as I always knew it. Based on the reviews of many, however, I'm not feeling very eager about trying Quantum and the soon to be released Anthem. I far prefer the cruising style that includes karaoke, Quest, and the ever-so-corny Love & Marriage to the "Amusement Park" atmosphere on the Mega-ships. I truly hope that this isn't a sign of the direction that the cruise industry is headed in overall. Much respect though, to those who like the BIG ships!