Watching my credit card

loohoo1

For 2 weeks now, I've been monitoring my cc for the $2100 refund Carnival owes me. Today, I called them and they see that I am owed the refund but have no idea what happened to the money? They started naming all of these cc numbers that do NOT belong to me as to where the refund may have gone. WHAT??? After 2 1/2 hrs on the phone with them and being shuttled from agent to supervisor to accounting...no one seems to be able to figure out what happened.

Apparently, the most they MAY do for me is to give me a Carnival gift card for the $2100. That is, if and when they can figure out where the error was made.

Is this crazy or what??? Any suggestions?

I would go over the head of the folks you've been talking to, and get a supervisor....a "gift" card wouldn't do it, for me! Call back, and be as squeaky a wheel as you can manage!

I totally agree. It's just so hard to find a block of time to call them because I know it will take hours to resolve. They act like their hands are tied in reimbursing me. Cut me a break! I run a small business and I could do a cc reimbursement immediately if I needed to!

Making me really re-think my loyalty to Carnival!

Carnival's customer service is the one department I think that needs the most improvement. I know I am always going to have to make more than one call.

Everyone has been "nice" but ineffective. Although nice is good, I'd rather see results:)

For 2 weeks now, I've been monitoring my cc for the $2100 refund Carnival owes me.

Is this crazy or what??? Any suggestions?

Have you called your CC company. I would do that first.

Agree with jdixon. Stop messing around with Carnival. Call your credit card holder and dispute the charge. Explain to them what happened and let them deal with Carnival.

Define refund owed. Was it the hold, if so, it's the CC companys issue it's automatically dropped by them but the higher the charge the longer the hold. If it was a refund for a cancelled cruise I had one only took 3 days, but could also be the CC company.

Let them know if it is not resolved within a certain timeframe you will dispute it with the credit card. Don't let it go on too long as there is a statute of limitations on this type of thing. Maybe check with your credit card company to make sure of what it is before you talk to Carnival again.

Let them know if it is not resolved within a certain timeframe you will dispute it with the credit card. Don't let it go on too long as there is a statute of limitations on this type of thing. Maybe check with your credit card company to make sure of what it is before you talk to Carnival again.

Thanks for the replies! The issue was resolved to my satisfaction. It was partly related to miscommunication between the Carnival agent and myself. She promised to refund an ES price reduction "back to my card" (one time exception since the amt was large) which I took to mean my cc. She actually meant to a Carnival gift card (i had used one for partial payment) which you cannot refund $ back to. They are not re-loadable. When I realized the confusion, I accepted the refund to a Carnival gift card and I received it via FedEx. At least I'll have no out of pocket expenses on my Christmas cruise!